Monday, April 28, 2008

Caudalie Fleur de Vigne

As previously mentioned, I turn to the French company Caudalie for all of my skincare needs. In addition to their amazing natural skincare, they also make one fragrance entitled Fleur de Vigne. I am the only person I know of that worships this fragrance. I have also managed to convert two of my friends to this deeply fantastic fragrance.

The box stated that it is supposed to smell like the beginning of the opening of the grape blossom flowers. But what does a grape blossom smell like?

The only timeI have seen this fragrance mentioned in any publication is in a Lucky from 2007. They stated that it has citrus and mint tea in it. hmmmm....

I continued my research into this fragrance and the notes. I decided to start looking on the Sephora website because they publish all the notes in fragrances. So directly from Sephora.com - "grape blossoms, italian bergamot, grapefruit, mandarin, black current bud, green mate, sandalwood, cedarwood, grape, lemon, and orange botanical wafers, trace elements, and mineral salts".

This description helps somewhat. I can smell the blossoms, the citrus fruits, and the woods. But let's see what the Caudalie website has to say... Well, I don't know what i expected to find but they had nothing else to add.

I'm still not sure what the grape blossoms are supposed to smell like but I did manage to learn a little bit more about the significance of ther grape blossoms. They begin to bloom and open up in June then the autumn harvest starts 110 days later. Being that the whole Caudalie line is based on Vinotherapie, all the products revolve on the opening of the grape blossoms.

In any case, I still don't know what a grape blossom smells like but I know that I would love it if I ever got to smell them when they are opening up. The blend of these delicate flowers with the citrus and the woods creates one of the most beautiful and unique green fragrances ever.

No comments: