Tuesday, February 4, 2014

MAC A Fantasy of Flowers

Yesterday we looked at the green half of A Fantasy of Flowers, this collection is off to a great start for me and I couldn't wait to start blogging again today and to look at the pink part of this collection.  From the green part of the collection, I was most excited by the Fluidline shade and both of the Mineralize Eye Shadow quads and I am hoping that the pink part of the collection will contain more lip and nail hues that I will want to buy for this spring.  I have been all about the pinks the past few springs and I will start wearing pinks in the beginning of February and then all way throughout the spring and summer.  My pink shades have been getting a workout over the past few springs and I always want to find more great pinks for this spring and summer.  I will start wearing my favorite pink lip and nail shades within the next few days and I will be all about bright pinks for Valentine's Day too.

I have said it earlier in the season and I will say it again here because I am pink shopping again.  My dress for Valentine's Day is black with little white polka dots and I want to do all my makeup in hues of pink.  I might start shopping for some pink jewelry while I am on the pink bandwagon...

"A dream world bursting with brilliant blooms of colour. A stunning bouquet of shades draws you in with hypnotic movement as a magical fantasy emerges glowing with a floral essence. Rose-coloured hues burst from lustrous Lipstick, while a heavenly hybrid of Mineralize Eye Shadows blossoms with natural splendour. Cheeks are kissed with the graceful glow of Mineralize Blush, and vivid pops of colour flourish as Fluidline and Nail Lacquer bring this flowery fantasia to life.", states the MAC website when describing the pink part of A Fantasy of Flowers.

The second part of the collection!

Mineralize Eye Shadow - Four coordinating Eye Shadow shades baked together in a single pinwheel pan. A brilliant way to experience Mineralize's unique properties: remarkably blendable pre-coordinated colours, sheer lightweight application, a pearlized finish with a soft shimmer.
- Pink Sensibilities - pinky brown/chocolate brown/yellow pink/icy blue pink
- Great Beyond - deep blue/dusky plum/icy white lilac/soft mauve brown

Pigment - Pigment is a highly concentrated loose colour powder that contains ingredients to help it adhere to the skin. Create a subtle wash of colour or an intense effect. Does not streak or cake. Easy to blend and long-lasting. Please note: Pigments are sold by weight not volume. Containers can appear to be less than full due to settling of the product.
- Pink Pearl - shimmery lavender pink
- Violet - vivid bright violet purple

Fluidline - Ultra-smooth, Fluidline's gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately.
- Phlox Garden - vivid violet

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.
- Rose Lily - sheer pastel pink
- Snapdragon - midtone blue pink
- Heavenly Hybrid - midtone berry

Cremesheen Glass - A lip finish that fuses the creamy, sheen-filled nature of Cremesheen Lipstick with the shine of M∙A∙C Lipglass. Soft, comfortable, non-sticky. Applies with a doe-foot applicator. Use as a top layer to its namesake Lipstick or on its own.
- Pagoda - frosted cool pink
- Playful Petal - electric magenta
- Galaxy Rose - midtone violet pink

Mineralize Blush - Baked minerals refined into a powder formula to provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage. Veils and enhances the cheekbones with a luminous, pearlized shimmer.
- Azalea in the Afternoon - midtone blue pink

Mineralize Skinfinish - A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face.
- Stereo Rose - coral with golden/bronze shimmering nuances

Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high gloss formula. Three long-wearing finishes - Cream, Sheer, and Frosted. Visibly different. Provides no-streak/no-chip finish. Contains conditioners and UV protection. Go hi-lacquer!
- Saint Germain - light cool pink
- Girl Trouble - super glitter pink

286 Duo Fibre Tapered Blending Brush - With its soft dome shape, this two-toned, duo-fibre brush of goat and synthetic fibres provides a sheer, more controlled application of M·A·C Mineralize Eye Shadow.

159 Duo Fibre Brush - A small rounded, double-chiseled paddle-shaped blush brush for the smooth, refined application of powder to shade, blush and highlight the face. Made from a soft blend of natural and synthetic fibres.

187 Duo Fibre Face Brush - A large full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments. Use to create soft layers or add textures. Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres.

This collection is exactly what I thought it would be, I am all over the lip products in this collection and not quite as excited about the eye makeup shades.  All the lip shades are very cool toned and will not work well for many people but they are perfect for me and I have a list of ones that I will want to order.  Rose Lily and Snapdragon are my two favorites in the Lipstick shades, one of these is a pale pink and the other is a medium bubble gum pink shade.  I want every shade of the Cremesheen Glasses in this collection, I will start with the berry toned shade in the winter and then wear the pinks as the spring begins. 

I am on the fence with the bright violet Fluidline, I would either really love it or really hate it.  I am bordering on trying it out since I loved a lilac cream eye shadow from Illamasqua last spring and I am looking forward to wearing it again this spring.  I will have to head to the counter for this product and get the thoughts of the MAC makeup artists on this product.  While we are on the topic of eye makeup, the only eye shadow quad that I would like is the Pink Sensibilities, it contains neutrals and pinks and will work very well with many of the eye makeup shades that I already own.

The Nail Lacquers are my last love of this collection, I must have both of the new shades and I will want to order them right away and start wearing them as soon as they come in.  These are both great pinks and I need to add both to my polish collection.  Nothing else really grabs me in this collection but that is ok since I already have a huge shopping list of items to begin with. 

I still wonder if we are going to be seeing another huge collection from MAC within a month but I think that I will have lots of shopping to do while I am waiting to see what else is on the way from this company!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: