Thursday, February 6, 2014

Brand Spotlight 2014 - Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment

I am starting my Brand Spotlight products of this month with the eye cream that I have been lovng for the past few weeks.  I made a large Kiehl's order early last month and I have been testing all new skincare products to review this month.  I really do love trying and reviewing new skincare products and my skin has been improving over the past few weeks with use all of the new Kiehl's items.  I have decided to start with the Creamy Eye Treatment as I started using this product a few days before any others.  I know that opinion is divided as to the overall need for a separate eye cream but I do enjoy using a separate product to help hydrate this delicate undereye skin and to help reduce the appearance of puffiness and dark circles.

"This nourishing under eye cream offers creamy hydration suitable for all skin types.  Gently moisturizes the delicate under-eye area.  Uniquely concentrated formula does not migrate into the eyes.  Infused with efficacious ingredients including Beta-Carotene, Shea Butter, and Avocado Oil.  Ophthalmologist- and dermatologist-tested for safety.  For all skin types, including sensitive.  Our top-rated eye cream beloved by Kiehl's customers.", states the Kiehl's website.

The Kiehl's website provides more details on the three key ingredients contined in the Creamy Eye Treatment.

Avocado Oil - Derived from the beloved Avocado Fruit, Avocado Oil has a rich, emollient texture and contains a balance of lipids including omega essential fatty acids.  Within our formula, Avocado Oil is known to moisturize, nourish, and soften skin.

Beta-Carotene - Beta-Carotene is a naturally-derived antioxidant predominantly found in many orange and red vegetables such as carrots.  It is used in Vitamin A production and can give an orange tint when used in skincare products.

Shea Butter - Shea Butter is the natural fat obtained from the fruit of the African Karate tree and is widely used in lotions and cleansing products.  Within our formulas, Shea Butter is known to help defend dehydration, restore suppleness, and improve the appearance of dry skin.

This product can be used day and night and is designed for the undereye area.  I started by using this at both times during the day but I quickly decided that this cream is too thick to use before undereye concealer.  The texture of the Cream Eye Treatment is a very thick, rich cream and needs to be warmed up before application.  I tried to use this product dotted right onto my undereye area and then pat it in but it wasn't fully absorbing when I tried to use in this manner.  After a few applications, I found that I have to get it onto the pad of my ring finger and then rub both of my ring fingers together until I melt the product down.  Once I melt it down, I can easily apply it to the undereye area and it will absorb in quickly.  I found several reviews on this products and nearly everyone recommends using it in this manner.

I love the hydrating properties of this eye cream and I would recommend it to anyone with a dry under eye area.  I am glad that I tried it in the winter months as I am not sure if this would be too heavy in the summer months.  This is a great night eye cream and a great introduction to the Kiehl's brand.  I love that the ingredients in this product are more natural and I can see how this is one of the best selling products that Kiehl's carries.

I have more work to do with the rest of the products that I ordered from this company but this eye cream was a great introduction to the brand and I am looking forward to working more with the rest of my order.

photo courtesy of Kiehl's


No comments: