Saturday, February 8, 2014

Urban Decay Spring 2014 Collection - The Naked Collection

Urban Decay was one of the first brands to bring out their spring collection however I haven't gotten a chance to really check it out until I visited Sephora earlier today.  I had seen pictures of it online but it wasn't released to the stores right away and today was one of the first days that the weather co-operated enough for me to head out to the mall.  My goal was to check this collection out today and swatch a couple of the products while I start deciding what types of products I will be picking up for the upcoming spring months.  I am well stocked right now on skincare and am still loving the Bobbi Brown foundation that I tested out last month.

Urban Decay has often brought out more than one new collection each season so there is a good chance that we will be seeing more from this brand in the next few months.  The collection that we are looking today is called the Naked Collection.  The first piece of this collection actually came out several months ago with the release of the Naked 3 eye shadow palette.  I remarked in my review of that product that it was perfect for spring and summer and I put it away after I finished writing up my review of it.  Urban Decay brought out their first Naked Eye Shadow Palette in 2010 and they have been growing the collection ever since.  I have purchased a lot of the items from that line and I am sure that I will picking up more from this collection along with pulling out the Naked 3 palette once spring arrives.

The Urban Decay Naked Collection!

Naked Skin Beauty Balm - A five-in-one beauty balm that minimizes the appearance of pores, lines, wrinkles, and redness instantly for skin that looks firmer in eight weeks.  Blur flaws in seconds and get serious anti-aging benefits in just eight weeks.  This lightweight, velvety, oil-free miracle works instantly and over the long term.  Naked Skin Beauty Balm is invisible on your skin (zero rub-off): the universal shade glides on and dries down to a translucent flawless finish that works on most skintones.  While many beauty balms are tinted to provide coverage, Naked Skin diffuse light with high-tech pigments to give you amazing, natural, naked-looking skin that keeps getting better every week.  Unlike a lot of beauty balms, Naked Skin delivers measurable anti-aging benefits - and the claims prove it.  This product is now available in three shades: Light, Medium, and Dark.

Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Powder - Finely milled, this lightweight loose powder is designed to blur away imperfections, setting the foundation and concealer without creasing.  As with the Beauty Balm, it also provides a demi-matte finish so it doesn't look heavy or cakey.  Available in five shades to suit a range of skintones.

Naked Ultra Nourishing Lip Gloss - A nourishing balm and high-shine gloss in the one tube, containing vitamins and Shea Butter, the Naked Glosses provide a subtle color while complementing a range of looks.  With its creamy texture and high-shine finish, Naked Lip Gloss is the perfect gloss to complement a UD smoky eye.  It not only makes your lips dangerously kissable but also feels so luxe that you'll want to keep applying it all day (even when you don't have to).
- Beso - deep mauve pink
- Freestyle - brown-nude with subtle micro-shimmer
- Liar - soft mauve pink
- Lovechild - medium pink
- Naked - nude-pink with a pearly pink shift
- Nooner - light neutral nude
- Rule 34 - medium brown nude
- Streak - coral peach
- Walk of Shame - pale nude pink with subtle micro-shimmer

I am really excited for this new collection and I think this is my favorite collection so far this spring.  I know that I will be buying the Light shade in the BB Cream for summer, I have used the "universal" shade in the past (the new Medium shade" and I always found it to be a touch too dark for my skintone (even with self tanner and bronzer).  I can't wait to try that product out for the summer and I will be ordering this one very soon.  I am putting the loose powder on the backburner for the moment, I don't need a loose powder and it always takes me a long time to finish up a powder so I don't need to order this one anytime soon.  I would be open to this formula once I need a new powder and I will probably try this one out in the next few months.

My favorite item in this new collection are the lip glosses.  I still have some of the two previous formulas of lip glosses from this company in my collection and I am really excited to try this new one out.  My Sephora had the testers out of these glosses however most of the display was sold through and I was only able to grab one of the shades that I really wanted.  Naked was my favorite lip gloss shade in the previous gloss formula and a shade that I also own in their lipstick, this is my perfect nude and I was excited to see that this one was still in stock at my Sephora.  I will be ordering a few other shades online and I already have Beso, Liar, and Lovechild on my shopping.

Urban Decay is often known for creating cutting edge, bold collections and I really like this type of different offering from them.  I think this will be one of their best selling collections as this is a very wearable and universal series of shades and products and I hope all of these products are part of their permanent collection!

photo courtesy of Urban Decay

No comments: