Saturday, March 29, 2008

April 2008 Lucky

I eagerly await the arrival of my Lucky in the beginning of every single month. I know that it will make me want a million next beauty products every single time.

My thoughts on the hits of this month's Lucky...

The new Korres makeup line - I love the original Korres line of facial, body and haircare products. The line is homeopathic and origined in Greece. I own tons of products from the line and am so exicted for makeup to match.

Here's what I want on first glance...

Pomegranate Lip Butter - "A shea-butter tint that smells and tastes like the real fruit"
Compact Powder for Normal/Dry Skin - "This is made with Vitamins C and E to brighten skin"
Ginger and Vitamins foundation SPF10 - "A water-based formula with moisturizering ginger extract" (I would still use a separate spf with this product)

After the thrill of Korres, I turn the page and lo and behold - a beautiful new Chanel palette! The colors are the most wearable sheer neutrals.

My thrill quickly ended when I saw Jean Godfrey June's column. Home hair dye and champagne?! This is just so wrong - dying hair and drinking at the same time. I don't dye my own hair...its impossible to get the same results as you would with a stylist. Also, I'm not a fan of dark green nail polish; blue is one thing, green is a whole other.

I'm also very interested in the "Secret Ingredient - Acai". I love antioxidants and prefer to have as many as possible of them in my skincare (hence my love of Caudalie!). So when I find a new antioxidant and new ways to wear it, I get very excited. I want the Tarte Natural Cheek Stain like you wouldn't believe.

My last love is the Laura Mercier Creme Eye Color Compact pictured. The description reads "Two dewy, coppery translucent balms - so pretty". The duo is called "Daydream" and will be coming home with me the next time I hit up Sephora.

Oh new loves...

No comments: