Thursday, March 27, 2008

Colds and Caudalie Grape Water

I went the whole winter without getting sick once and by the end of March, I really thought that cold season was over. Well not for me...

Sure enough, on Easter, I woke up with a case of the sniffles and sore throat and only got sicker and the day progressed. by the next day, I was regulated to nyquil and my bed.

My least favorite thing about getting sick is not the sneezing, coughing, or any of the ususal symptoms. Its the dry, bright red patch that I always get underneath my nose as a result of nose blowing and tissues. I have tried every single kind of tissue that is available and I still always get it. The redness and stinging usually last an extra week after my cold is gone and makeup is little help to cover it up.

I have been interested in the Caudalie skin care for a quite awhile now. There will be many posts on that line because I own a large amount of it and all the products are amazing.

The product that helps my redness problem is the Caudalie Grape water. It is 100% botanical grape water that is said to soothe irritated skin and to refresh and condition the skin anytime of the day. Spray it on and let it dry...almost sounds too easy!

However, maybe simpler is better sometimes. This is very simple idea and product that actually does what it claims to do and doesn't have a large amount of added ingredients with little to no value. It soothes the stinging and the redness and after it dries, put moisturizer over it and it locks extra moisture into your skin which reenforces skin's natural defenses.

This may be may for redness but anyone with normal to dry skin can benefit from the hydration.

Only drawback - its natural grape water - you will smell like a raisin while it is drying.

No comments: