Sunday, March 23, 2008

Chanel's Blue Satin

Chanel's Blue Satin nail polish is considered to be the color for the spring. Allure had stated that several issues ago and once its stated in Allure...well there go the chances of getting any without a waiting list.

I first noticed this color back in January. The model in the ad for the new Spring 2008 makeup colors is wearing this polish. It appears in the picture as a dark shimmery blue. I was instantly in love.

This color reminded me of the limited edition color that they brought out in 1997, Ciel de Nuit (the winner of the first Seventeen magazine contest). This was my first lemming and my first piece of expensive makeup (I was in the seventh grade!). I feel like I had been looking for a color like this ever since I finished that bottle up.

A week or two later, I ended up at the Chanel counter at my local Macy's. I asked for the color and the very unhelpful sales associate rather snottily pointed out that the model is wearing Blue Satin with Azur over it. So I looked at her and I said that I would take that color too. After she realized that I actually wanted to purchase both she suddenly became much more helpful!

I got the last bottle of Blue Satin and the second last bottle of Azur.

Fast forward to the present...I just used Blue satin for the first time the other week on my toes. I love it alone...creamy and very shiney. Soon I will paint the topcoat of Azur over it and see how this looks.

I still haven't used it on my hands yet...I only use pale colors in my manicures so this is something that i need to get up the nerve for.

Overall - one amazing polish!

No comments: