Monday, September 15, 2008

Lancome Fall Collection 2008

I have forever walked by Lancôme counters in every single major department store but again this is another line that I have never before tried. For the longest time, I was told that this company still tested on animals and had no intention of ever discontinuing that practice. But recently, I read another report from Paula Deen and she didn’t list them as a company that is currently resting on animals so I decided to give them a shot. When I went looking at Lancôme this time, I was searching for the Rose Fishnets Juicy Tube, one that all the sales associates told me won’t be coming out until the holiday collections are released. So I had to content myself with looking at the Fall 2008 collection instead.

The Fall 2008 collection for Lancôme focuses on browns and neutrals and colors that would be worn by ladies in India. The collection itself is called Maharani Jewels.

Starting with one of there highest rated product, Le Crayon Kohl. For this fall, three new shades have been introduced into this product collection and are grouped together in a collection called Le Crayon Kohl Kajal.
- Amber Nights - brown
- India Ink - black
- Smokey Henna - deep green

Other products are as follows…
- Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow Quad
- Haute Sunset - four bronzy and gold shades
- Lotus Splendor - four neutral shades

- Poudre Elephant Teint Bronzer Powder
- Sunny Manorama - designed to give an “Indian Summer” look to the face

- Juicy Tubes Maharani Jewels
- Ginger Palace - neutral
- Autumn Jasmine - berry tone
- Mango Mystere - deep orange tone
- Guava Enchantment - guava tone
- Bengali Glaze - deep purple

This is definitely not the collection for me. I detest most of these colors especially the ones of the Juicy Tubes, I think they are just all horrible. The eye shadow compacts are fair, they are the only things from this collection that I would purchase. Overall, a major pass until Rose Fishnets comes out in several weeks.

No comments: