Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September 2008 Lucky

The September issue of Lucky is one of the two largest of the year (the other issue being March aka new spring beauty). I checked my mailbox everyday for this issue and eagerly sat down to pursue it once it finally arrived. This one didn’t disappoint. I found a bunch of things that I really want and made my already long fall beauty shopping list even longer. Here we go…

The first picture is a of a girl with deep red lipstick on, one major fall trend. Form the moment that I saw this picture, I decided that I wanted two of the product pictured; Chanel Rouge Hydrbase Crème Lipstick in Vamp and the Too Faced Mirror Gloss in Envy Me. For someone who thought that she wouldn’t really be into dark lips this fall, I have been picking out a bunch of deeper toned lipsticks.

Another article shows a bunch of products that help to promise the look of poreless skin. There are three products this collection that I would buy in hopes that they would help me continue my quest for flawless skin. The first product is the Stila Hydrating Primer with SPF 15. I think I would use that product more in the winter months. Looking forward to next summer, I would get the Cle de Peau Beaute Smoothing Base for Pores with SPF 22. This product has a greater amount of SPF and appears to be tinted, so I might be able to use this instead of foundation in steamy weather. I also want the Smashbox Compact Anti-Shine. This product is in a compact and will be great to put in my bag for touch ups through out the day.

Other things that I saw that I wanted…

- Kai Body Butter - “Floral but crisp - like fresh-cut blossoms - with a whipped fluffy texture”

- Calypso Christiane Celle Mimosa Body Lotion - “Any Calypso fragrance makes me fell like Tropical Vacation Girl; this one is especially sunny and sexy, with jasmine, rose, and green leaves”

- Lip Fusion Micro-Injected Collagen Lip Plump Color Shine in Dream- “I hate lip plumpers, but I adore this one. It doesn’t sting or break you out in hives and the neutral color is very wearable”

- NARS the Multiple in Malibu - “A beautiful two-in-one cheek-and-lip stick - the heroine in my book falls in love with it when she becomes a beauty editor - bronzy and rosy and gold all at the same time”

- MD Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel - “As soon as I started using this, friends commented on how much better my skin was looking. It’s amazing for hyper pigmentation, and it’s not too harsh - don’t be put off by the word ‘peel’”

- Du Wop Pure Venom- “This company took their bestselling lip-plumping berry gloss and remade it as a stain. It’s as dead-on gorgeous as the original”

- Aveda Uruku Eye Accent - “this pretty, sheer copper can be built into a rich metallic - stunningly versatile”

Also in this issue, the beauty writers have provided a step by step beauty tutorial on the use of false lashes. I really want to try this advice and see if this is a look that I can master.

Jean Godfrey June’s column was fantastic this issue. I knew that I would love it when I saw eyeliner and a mascara wand pictured. She actually discusses the new Givenchy mascara, a product that I have been obsessed with every since I first saw it on the Sephora website.

No comments: