Monday, September 1, 2008

Clinique Fall 2008 Collection

After my last makeover from Clinique, I really began to get excited about the brand overall. I have been using some of the skincare samples that they gave me last time that I was there and I can’t say that I’m overly impressed with them. I’m more interested in their new makeup colors and hopefully I can find some new colors to update my fall look.

In this line, I am looking for subtle lip colors to work with the strong eye looks of the other collections. To start with, I looked at Super balm lip gloss and the ever famous Almost Lipstick.
Almost Lipstick is considered a product that is a mesh of lipstick and lip gloss. It is not as pigmented as lipstick but it is not a shiny and sheer as the traditional lip gloss. Very my-lips-but-better. The color that I’m most interested in is the famous Black Honey, one of the company’s best selling colors. This is supposed to make your lips look as though you have just been eating berries and you have a bit of the juice on them. I have actually wanted this product for several years now and I’m not really sure why I haven’t bought it yet.

Super balm lip gloss is a product that I have been using since last spring and have really loved. This product is considered be lip balm with color. They are hydrating and gives your serious shine and protect it with nourishing antioxidants. The first color that I got for summer was called Grapefruit and it is bright pink and quickly became one of my favorite glosses ever. For fall, I think I want to try two colors; Currant and Raspberry. Both are sheer berry colors and will still be sheer enough for dramatic eye makeup but are more fall toned.

I guess that I was looking forward less to their fall picks than I thought. I’m really not planning on getting much makeup from this company for fall with their lack of dramatic eye makeup offerings but I know that I will be getting at least two or three lip colors from this company to complement looks from other lines.

No comments: