Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lancome Juicy Tubes Rose Fishnets



A couple months back, I talked about my struggles to find the Rose Fishnets Juicy Tube in any Sephora or at Lancôme counter even though I kept being promised that it would be coming soon. In all my product collecting of the past several weeks, I completely forgot to mention that I did finally end up getting it at Sephora the week before Thanksgiving. And ever since…uh well, I had not really gotten around to opening it up yet.


But after all the waiting and searching for my target, I have finally opened it up and used it. I didn’t just get the Juicy Tube itself, I actually ended up getting a set that contained it and four other shades. The set is based around Rose Fishnets and is called the Rose Fishnets Exclusive Juicy Tubes Set. It is Sephora exclusive and this is how it is described on the website, “Lancôme Rose Fishnets Juicy Tube Set contains mini tubes of your favorite Juicy glosses. With a shade and flavor to match every mood, your pucker will get the perfect amount of shine and color. Rose Fishnets is a rosy nude shade with glimmering hints of gold for a subtle, yet sexy, sheen. The Juicy Tube Smoothie trio delivers a pop of color with an ultra-shiny finish while the Juicy Tubes Jelly shade will give you a sheer wash of color that's the perfect accent to any look. All glosses are tucked in a tin with a lacy fishnet background—giving the set a very boudoir-chic feel.”


The five colors that are available are as follows: Rose Fishnets, Daiquiri, Butterflies, Pretty in Pink, and Dreamsicle. All of the shades are pinkish and will be able to be worn right into spring. So far, I have only used Rose Fishnets and the description from Sephora is dead-on accurate. It is a great rose shade with a gold shimmer to it. Normally, I prefer more a silver shimmer in my lip glosses but this one somehow works really well for me. It is glossy without being over the top and the wear is about average for lip gloss. The first thing that actually attracted me to this color was the absolutely amazing packaging since it reminded of the Moulin Rouge and fed my love of France and especially Paris.


I still have yet to use the other shades in this set but I am sure that I will soon. If this is how the Juicy Tubes are as a product, than I think I will be buying many more of them.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: