Tuesday, January 6, 2009

LUSH Big Blue Bath Bomb



I have decided that I need a break from winter and that a tropical island visit is just what I need. But then reality hit and I realized that my tropical vacation wasn’t going to be happening this year. I decided that I was just going to have to recreate it in the bathtub and hope for the best. I love oceanic scents but I have found that many of them are overly perfumey and the ones that aren’t have all been discontinued already. I guess the perfumey notes are what tend to sell better. Really, my simu-visit to a tropical island needs to be more about the ocean than the tropical flowers that grow all over the island.


My ideal island would have white sand beaches and bright blue water. No Jersey shore for this girl, think the Maldives in the Indian Ocean. When I say exotic, I really mean far-out and exotic. In my stash, I found a LUSH Big Blue bath bomb, a freebie from my birthday LUSH haul. I had been saving it for a special occasion and since I have no idea when that is actually going to occur, I figured that the occasion of saving my sanity during cold weather would be a good enough time to use it.


The Lush site gives the following as the description of the product. “Packed with detoxifying sea salt, vitamin-rich seaweed, and relaxing lavender and lemon, Big Blue brings the splendor of the sea to your home. This jewel lives up to its name as it bursts open with the bold blue of rippling waves and scents the tub with gentle sea breezes. Sail from the comfort of your tub to the pristine sandy beaches and the azure waters with Big Blue.” To use this product, draw a full and hot bath and then the bomb into it when you are done drawing the water. As the bomb was bursting, I did use my hands to mix the water around so that one area didn’t get anymore product than the others.


My first thoughts were these two - my bathwater turned the most amazing blue shade and there is a TON of dried seaweed in this product. The seaweed got all over the place and while I didn’t like it at first, I got used it to and actually enjoyed the sensation by the end of the bath. All LUSH bath bombs have something in them to explode out when dropped in the water and I wasn’t really expecting the huge amount of seaweed. I was also happy that it didn’t stain my tub after I used it, my tropical “vacation” would have been ruined had I needed to clean the whole tub after the experience.


Well, it wasn’t a month in the Maldives but ten minutes with this bath bomb definitely brightened my day!

photo courtesy of LUSH

No comments: