Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Philosophy Valentines Day Products



Much as I refuse to recognize Valentines Day as more than a pathetic attempt to sell more greeting cards to those who happily (or unhappily) in relationships. The upside to this so-called holiday is that there are limited edition Philosophy products that are sweet and sugary and wonderful. This company always comes out with hits around this holiday, starting with the insane popularity of the Red Velvet Cake that came out two years ago and sold out in seconds. Not that I am celebrating this holiday but I do need to check these products out and some more of them to my collection.


The new scents that have been added to the collection of 3 in 1s are Pink Frosted Layer Cake, Crème Brulee, Red Licorice, Cinnamon Hot Drops, and Classic Fudge Cake. Pink Frosted Layer Cake smells exactly like a vanilla cake with yummy butter cream frosting. Crème Brulee smells just like the dessert and reminds me of the now discontinued Tutti Dolci scent of the same name. There is always something in Crème Brulee formulations that always smells “off” to me so this one really doesn’t hold my interest. Red Licorice smells exactly like opening a bag of red licorice but the tester at Sephora had a slightly chemically scent to it. Cinnamon Hot Drops is so dead-on that it is scary and will be fantastic for the person who likes spicy scents. Classic Fudge Cake is very chocolately and wonderful. Of all of them, Pink Frosted Layer Cake is my favorite.


The Red Licorice always comes with a matching lip gloss that gives a glossy reddish tint to the lips. Also in the collection of new lip glosses, there is a set of two that reminds me of candy conversation hearts. It is called the Candy Hearts Lip Duo, containing one gloss that smells like angel food cake and the other one like pink bubbly. I’m not quite sure why they are called Candy Hearts lip glosses if they don’t smell like candy hearts but they are pretty nonetheless.


This may be the fake holiday of love but I will celebrate just a tiny bit in my own way in a shower that smells like a bakery.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: