Saturday, February 9, 2008

3 Uses from 1 Product?

I have been thinking about the point of 3 in 1s (Philosophy and any others). I think the concept is that its one product that can do everything and its supposed to simplify life. Wait, I don't think that - I know that. However, my skin and my hair are not alike at all except that they are both dry. My hair is much more complex from my skin because of color treating and tons of mechincal damage. So why would I use something that isn't meant to treat that?
So i tried a 3 in 1 as shampoo. I was in SHOCK about how terrible it truely was. My hair had no shine and was a mass of tangles. The color was so stripped out that I will have to be redying sooner that I thought. This is not recommended for anyone. So that gets rid of one use of the 3 in 1.
Trying it as a bubble bath lead to similar disappointment. A few weak bubbles that didn't last at all even though I think I used up almost 1/8 of the bottle. Another huge disappointment.
3 in 1s are useful for shower gels. PERIOD.
Now don't get me wrong, This is not an anti 3 in 1 post (sort of). I have tons of 3 in 1s (both from Philosophy and Bath and Body Works). I adore them as shower gels. I just feel that the concept doesn't work and that they should either be marketed only as shower gels or maybe as 2 in 1s of shower gel and bubble bath (if they foam up more).

No comments: