Friday, February 15, 2008

The Body Shop Haul

My latest beauty product purchse was from The Body Shop. I have always felt very confident in The Body Shop's products. the only product that i ever got from them that I didn't totally love was the Mango body scrub and it wasn't bad (just a bit too oily for my taste). as you might have guessed I own a bunch of stuff from them and never hestitate to buy something new that just came out.

I bought a bunch of thing, most of which were new to me. I already owned the Mango shower gel and body butter (my favorite moisturizer ever) so I didn't need anything else from the Mango line. I was totally out of my Coconut products, so I bought the Coconut shower creme, scrub, and body butter.

They had a new Japanese Cherry Blossom scent that I wanted to try even though I have bought Cherry Blossom and Japanese Cherry Blossom from Bath and Body Works (and am rapidly getting over those smells). The Body Shop version of the scent is just wonderful, its very light and floral. This one will be perfect for springtime. I bought the body butter, the body puree (a lighter lotion), and the shower gel. I think this scent is better than the Bath and Body Works version and is highly recommended.

The last few things that I picked up were the Strawberry body butter and the Strawberry body wash. These two products were actually the reason that I even went into The Body Shop. Last month, I was won over by the scent of the Me! Bath body scrub in Strawberry Kiwi and ended up buying two of them just to realize that I had nothing to use them with. I have found that stawberry is hard scent to find if you don't want little girl's Lipsmacker products from Limited Too in your shower.

I also got a Cassis Rose home fragrance oil to burn (a rose with a bit of berry in it) and a reususable shopping bag with all of the philosophies of The Body Shop printed on it.

The clear winners so far - the Mango body butter is my favorite product ever; it hydrates and makes my skin smooth. it also has calmed skin and chemical burns and the tub is huge and will last forever. The Coconut scrub is fantastic too. It has a true coconut scent with a creamy texture and bits of real coconut husks for getting the dead skin off. I haven't gotten to use the Japanese Cherry or Strawberry products yet so I can't really comment on their standouts.

No comments: