Thursday, February 21, 2008

Benefit Bad Gal Lash

First let me say that I am a mascara fiend, I am rarely without mascara and I have two or more in my makeup case at any given time. So I have tried quite a few and I still keep coming back to Benefit's Bad Gal Lash.

I first used this product in Fall of 2005 and used it faithfully until the Winter of 2007 when I decided to cheat and caved into the hype of Diorshow. I liked Diorshow but it was still missing "something". It wasn't living up to the hype for me which left me very disappointed. At this point, I should have gone back to Bad Gal Lash. But I didn't, I decided to continue the search for the perfect mascara.

At this time, I was also using Pout Big Lash. I was lured in by the beautiful tube and the promise of 300% your lashes' natural size. Let me just say, don't waste your time of money of this one.

I next bought Awake's Optic Force mascara. Awake is very high end makeup and skincare line from Japan and is only available in a couple of places in the United States. This mascara is very unique in that it has two ends (one base coat, the other top coat). The base coat end has a W shaped brush because it is supposed to enhance the middle of the lash for extra volume. Optic Force came very close to my love of Bad Gal Lash except that it is hell to remove. Even my Biotherm eye makeup remover had problems getting it off.

Next, I decided to try Urban Decay's Big Fatty Lash Plumper. I love everything from Urban Decay so I really thought that this could be my Holy Grail mascara. Well, big and fat is exactly what it didn't do to my lashes. After one coat, it left a natural look; after two, decent sized lashes. However, this is not what is is supposed to do. Then to top it off, the tube broke.

I ran to sephora one day after work and I got two tubes of mascara. The first is Cargo Texas Lash (supposed to make your lashes Texas sized) and yes, my beloved Bad Gal Lash.

I haven't used the Texas Lash yet but I have returned my original love of Bad Gal Lash. Its like getting back together with "the one that got away".

No comments: