Saturday, July 19, 2008

My latest Clinique makeover

I have used Clinique since I was in high school but I was never a really big fan of it, i more just bought a product here and there if i liked the color or the texture of something.

However, a few weeks ago, the Clinique counter in my local Macy*s was having an event and giving free makeovers out, I had some time on my hands so I decided to go for it and see what they would recommend. My primary motivation was that I needed a new foundation and I had read about their Almost Powder foundation in an issue of Allure.

On to the makeover...first they used liquid foundation on me with the Almost Powder foundation over it. This was not what i had asked them and not what I wanted from the makeover. Also, with the liquid foundation, they used a brush and spackled it all over my face and neck, creating a nice, mask like effect. This was the lowest point of the makeover, it did improve very dramatically after this.

The makeup artist made my eyes the focus of my face, using the eye color trio called Ebb and Flow. This is supposed to have been a best seller right when it first came out and they said that they had only recently gotten it back in stock. The darkest shade is a forest green, the medium is a mossy green, the lightest is a shimmery khaki color. To finish the look, High Impact mascara in black was used on my upper and lower lashes.

The look was finished with Superbalm moisturizing lip gloss in Grapefruit, a bright sheer pink color.

What i bought - the Almost Powder foundation (what I actually came there for!), the Ebb and Flow eye trio, the High Impact mascara in Black, and the Superbalm gloss in Grapefruit. so far the Almost Powder foundation has become a makeup staple and so has the lip gloss.

No comments: