Monday, July 21, 2008

My latest experience at MAC

So several weeks ago, I decided that I had to go back to MAC and try to find a makeup look that would work for me. Last week, I finally got up the courage to go and try something new.

It started very simply. I picked up the tester of their new fragrance, Turquatic Heat and sprayed some on. I was really impressed by it and decided that it was in my comfort zone. After that, several sales associates asked if they could help me as I was standing there staring at the massive array of eye shadows. However, I was feeling rather awkward because all the girls had absolutely perfect makeup that I would never be able to pull off in the real world.

I was actually getting ready to leave when another sales associate approached me and asked if she could help. This girl actually had more subtle (but still perfectly applied) makeup so I decided to take the MAC plunge. I have always heard that when you try to get your makeup done, it is best to pick with a overall look close to the one that you are going for. I explained to her that I don’t wear a lot of makeup but I still wanted a more dramatic look for my eyes.

She started with Filament, a very shimmery silver, for the highlighter shade than added Silver rain, a shimmery gray to be put right in the crease. She showed me how to use both shades to create a very subtle and easy smoky eye. She then sold me on the crease brush, number 244. In addition to the help with the eye makeup, she added on MAC plushglass in ample pink, a very my-lips-but-better shade. She also told that should I ever want to add more colors or liner to the look, I should come back and she would help me again.

Very impressed with the results and actually confident that I could reproduce this look on my own, I purchased all of the above products. Oh yeah, I also bought the perfume that kept me in the comfort zone at MAC.

So I will never be one of the girls at MAC with the perfect and dramatic makeup but I have managed to prove to myself that I can step out of my comfort zone and create a subtle yet made up look.

No comments: