Saturday, May 24, 2008

Chanel's Blue Satin and Azur

Earlier, I had written an entry on Chanel's Blue Satin nail polish and how it is considered to be the hot color for Spring 2008. At that time, I had only used it by itself even though I owned both it and the Azur color to top it off.

I have now tried it with Azur and I really can see the difference in the two looks. Blue Satin by itself is a deep opaque blue. With Azur on top of it, it lightens up and has a great shimmer. Chanel had a great marketing ploy when they layered the two polishes in the photos of their spring line. Anyone that only bought Blue Satin then would have to go back and get Azur in order to complete the look. However, I highly doubt that Chanel could not have combined the two polishes into one color and only sold that one.

Which look do I prefer might be the bigger question. Well...I don't quite have an answer to that question. Blue Satin + Azur is more attention getting and loves great for pedicures but I am conservative with my manicures and don't wear any shimmer on my hands.

The two polishes together are an attention getting statement but are too much for a conservative girl's manicures. However, the look of the two is one of the best ploys that Chanel has ever come up with to sell more makeup. and how do I know that it is a fantastic ploy? I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

No comments: