Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Marc Jacobs Daisy Ring

This Spring season has ushered in a new scent trend, making containers that are as amazing as the scents inside them. For Valentines Day, I received the Marc Jacobs Daisy ring with the Daisy perfume inside of it.

The ring itself has been in several magazines including Cosmo and Allure. I loved it the moment that I saw it last winter in Sephora. I didn't buy it at the time because it is gold and I don't do gold jewelery.

But I got it as a gift and I decided to make the most of it. It can actually be used in two different ways, one as a ring or a chain can be added to it to hang it off of a handbag or wristlet. I first tried it as a ring and I found out its major flaw - it is really heavy and rather clunky when worn. I still have to try it hanging off my handbag.

The perfume itself...I love it! It is not a face full of daisies as the name suggests, it is actually named after Daisy from the Great Gatsby (one of my favorite books). the notes are as follows (from Sephora.com): strawberry, violet leaves, ruby red grapefruit, gardenia, violet petals, jasmine petals, musk, vanilla, and white woods. It is described as "bright, alluring, eternal".

Cute container, statement making ring, and a beautiful scent...MINE, MINE, MINE!

No comments: