Friday, February 6, 2009

Fekkai Creme Luxueuse



Even though winter is beginning to come to a close, my skin is still deadly dry and the whole season has taken a huge toll on my skin. I feel like I have tried every kind of cream and wash to lessen the problem and now that I have run out of my LUSH Buttercream, my skin is right back to where it was before I started using it.
I have decided to dip into my most luxurious and coveted body care products, the Fekkai Shea Butter collection. I was rather surprised to learn that there is body product line from one of the kings of haircare and I really don’t think that this line gets the recognition that it deserves because it is often overshadowed by all the hair products. The most decadent product in this collection is called La Crème Luxueuse. Here is the description from the Sephora website, “La Crème Luxueuse, the ultimate luxury in skin treatment, is rich in pure, natural shea butter to help protect from moisture loss. Infused with vitamins and botanicals to provide superior conditioning, skin looks and feels silky, soft and totally indulged.”
This product smells like shea butter and the only way I can describe it is smelling rich and pampered. This is what I would expect the spa at the Ritz to smell like, yes it is just that amazing. This is the only product that I have that I actually ration because I just love it so much and lately it has been harder and harder to find.
And my skin? Much better. It is not near as nice as it is in the summertime but at least I don’t resemble a crocodile. I have just come to the conclusion that I need spring to begin before my skin will be fantastic again.
photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: