Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Jessica Simpson Fancy



With all the emphasis this season on the bohemian trends and the return to the 1970s, plaid shirts have made a huge comeback and are selling out all over the place. At first, I hated the whole thing but ended up coming around. I actually found out that I like them when they are in a lighter fabric and tightly fitted. And I ended up buying two of them. Looking at them reminds me of two things; when Madonna wore one in her video for “American Pie” and Jessica Simpson. Which takes me right back to my love/hate relationship with her.


I still love her hair and Tony Romo (even though he plays for the God-awful Dallas Cowboys) and then I remembered that someone had bought me a bottle of her perfume when it first came out and I haven’t opened it up yet.


To begin with, this was not a scent I expected to like. I put it on myself one day, assuming that it would be overly sweet, childish, and Paris Hilton-esqe. Well, boy was I wrong! The scent is strong but not in your face and exactly the opposite of what I was expecting and somehow I ended up falling in love with it.


Here’s the description - “Fancy Jessica Simpson The Fragrance. Feminine. Sensual. Flirtatious. Memorable. Top Notes: Inspired by the layers of Jessica Simpson’s award winning talent, beauty and captivating personality, this sensual fragrance is feminine, versatile and memorable. It’s red carpet ready while maintaining the subtle flirtatious charm of the enticing girl next door.” The top notes are pear, apricots, and red fruits. The middle notes of the fragrance are gardenia, jasmine, almonds, and caramel. The base notes are sandalwood, vanilla, and amber.


Like I said earlier, somehow I just fell in love with this fragrance. The sweet notes are grown up and balanced out by the opening fruity notes and the strong florals. Normally, I don’t even really like strong gardenia scents, but this fragrance just works perfectly somehow for me. I must say that Jessica has created an amazing first fragrance. I will be pairing it with plaid shirts and trying to lure in Tony Romo with it…

photo courtesy of Macy's

No comments: