Monday, February 16, 2009

Lippmann Collection Spring Shades



From the very first time that I have ever used Lippmann Collection nail polishes, I have been seriously in love with them. The line was created by Deborah Lippmann, who first began as a manicurist to the stars and after the suggestion of Mariah Carey, created her own line of high quality hand products and treatments. She got her start in the Fekkai salon in Bergdorf Goodman and was discovered by Bobbi Brown.


Her polish collection includes shades that were inspired by celebrities and named after them and shades that are named from jazz songs (Lippmann was an aspiring musician throughout her life and was able to bring out her own CD several years ago). My favorite colors from her are Sarah Smile, which was created with Sarah Jessica Parker. Lippmann was the manicurist on the set of Sex and the City and many of the products in the collection were created for the show. Sarah Smile is a sheer, sexy pink and is the best selling shade in the collection. My other favorite color is called Just Walk Away Renee, created with Renee Zellweger. This color is the perfect black cherry red. I also want to get Tiny Dancer, another pale pink created after the Elton John song (one of my favorite songs ever).


Her new collection for spring contains two new shades. The first one is called Purple Rain and was created with Zac Posen for his spring collection. The color is named after the Prince song from the 80s and it is a beautiful twinkling lilac and is sure to be a huge hit this spring. This shade is not available in stores yet but with all the hype around it, I predict that it will sell out in about two days. The other color is named Icing on the Cake, which is a beauty queen pearly pink frost and is named after a song (I assume).


I like both of the colors but I want Purple Rain really bad. Lippmann Collection has never turned out a bad product and I would never hesitate to purchase anything from them, sight unseen.

photo courtesy og Lippmann Collection

No comments: