Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy V-Day to Me!



So today is Valentine’s Day. In between the launch of Hello Kitty and my large group project for class, I actually somehow forgot about this holiday. But, really, I hate Valentine’s Day and my thoughts on love and marriage can be summed up with these quotes from my favorite show.


- “Who needs a wife when you have a life?” - Richard Wright


- “Marriage doesn’t guarantee a happy ending. Just an ending.” - Samantha Jones


- “You're engaged!” - Charlotte York

“I threw up. I saw the ring and I threw up. That can't be normal.” - Carrie Bradshaw

“That's my reaction to marriage.” Samantha Jones


- “All married couples stop having sex eventually.” - Samantha Jones

“That's not true, you've had sex with plenty of married people.” - Miranda Hobbes

“That's how I know!” - Samantha Jones


- “Did they actually use the term ‘soul mates’. Then I give them three months” - Mr. Big


In the tradition of the holiday, I woke up in the morning to find a beautifully wrapped gift addressed to myself. I opened it up to discover a little gift from me to me. I received the Dylan’s Candy Bar Strawberry Licorice Soda Pop Shower Gel, Strawberry Licorice Body Smoothie Lotion, and the Philosophy Frosted Pink Layer Cake 3 in 1.


I had raved about the Dylan’s Candy Bar line when it first came out and came to love the Chocolate Cupcake products. I was so in love with that scent and I was really excited to try the Strawberry Licorice products to use in the warmer weather.


The shower gel description is right here, “It's time to indulge in a delicious shower with Dylan's Candy Bar's Strawberry Licorice Soda Pop Shower Gel. This skin-moisturizing, super-lathering Re-Treat Body Wash combines Soapwort Extract with an ultra-moisturizing blend of Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Jojoba Seed Oil to create the ultimate cleansing experience.” The body lotion description is right here, “Re-Treat Body Lotion is rich in vitamins A and E, as well as hydrating herbal extracts of Aloe Vera and Chamomile to moisturize and soften your skin.”
Gifts like this make this icky holiday very bearable…

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: