This is the last summer issue so I really found nothing new that popped out at me. The August issue will hopefully be a big hit.
The first thing that I loved about this issue is the letter to readers from editor in chief Kim France. She talks about how summer is seen by many as the easiest time of the year but in reality for beauty, it can be a big letdown. I loved this because I was truly convinced that I was the only person who didn't totally love every second of the the summertime.
other things that i loved in this issue...
- Smashbox Sheer Focus tinted moisturizer UVA/UVB SPF 15 - "This smooths away pores, fine lines, and excess oil, so you don't get shiny"
- Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Second Skin Nude Makeup SPF 12 - "A translucent wash of color with a powdery-but-not-quite-matte finish"
- Face Stockholm Tinted Mineral Moisturizer SPF 20 - "Packed with serious skincare ingredients like ginseng, gold, and vitamins, this looks and feels amazing"
- Jo Malone Lotus Blossom and Water Lily cologne - "four Lucky staffers demanded to know what this was when we spritzed it; the bamboo, lotus, and aloeswood (traditionally used in a japanese incense ceremony) are subtle and grassy and strikingly unique"
- sachajuan Ocean Mist - "We seriously can't keep this in stock. it mocks the effect - the roughed-up, lots-of body-and-texture-look - without the dryness of other 'ocean' sprays"
-Darphin Intral Redness Relief Soothing serum - "Perfect for sensitive skin. this feels cool and gel-like going on, and it puts the breaks on all types of irritation"
Jean Godfrey June's column really failed to impress me again this month. I know that her and I have different tastes on many types of products (hers running more to the natural and earth crunchy) but the last few columns that she has written have just really disappointed me. For a long time, it really didn't matter to me what type of products that she was writing, whatever she said about them made me want to try them out. I just really can't get into the fragrances from Kenzo that remind her of incense. I can't imagine wanting to smell like a head shop.
Really looking forward to the August issue...