Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cargo Texas Lash



Before I start my purchasing and reviewing of the newest mascaras that came out this season, I was determined to use up the Cargo Texas Lash that I found in my collection at the end of the summer. I bought this mascara right when it came out last winter and somehow managed to forget about it for about 6 months, I’m not really sure how or why that happened but somehow it did. I originally bought this mascara because I hoped that it would give me Texas sized lashes; thick, huge, and unstoppable.


I began my foray into all thing huge later than I thought that I would. It was now time for me to venture into the world of the Dallas Cowboys, ranches, Ten gallon hats, and Tammy Faye Baker.
This mascara has an innovative elastic polymer formulation that forms small tubes around the lashes creating a smudge proof barrier that is removable with warm or makeup remover and gentle pressure. It should not flake, smudge, or run. So how well does it live up to these claims?


First of all, it does provide Texas sized lashes. I think this mascara got my lashes to be thicker and lusher than any one that I have tried before (a bit more than BadGal Lash). However, this mascara (unlike BadGal Lash) did clump during application of the second coat almost every time that I used it. I think it is thicker formula than many that I have tried because I have never had so many problems with clumping and have never had to use a lash comb every time I put on mascara. I didn’t have many problems with flaking, just couple flakes here and there, which I think is just normal wear for a mascara. No problems at all with running. The removal required eye makeup remover, water and gentle pressure do nothing to get this formula off at the end of the day.


What I didn’t love; the tube is basic black and boring. To some people this might not be a huge deal but I utterly love the Diorshow tube and found this one to be dull in comparison. If I were shopping for a new mascara and had no clue what to look for, I would not pick this one because there is no way that I would be drawn to this packaging. Also, this mascara has some kind of scent, while not offensive is still stronger than any other kind that I have tried. I looked through the reviews on Makeup Alley and many reviewers commented on the scent so at least I knew that I didn’t get a bad tube.


My final thoughts - this mascara is neck in neck with BadGal Lash. Volume was amazing, clumping and scent were not. Could this mascara help me attract Tony Romo? ::ponders buying a lifetime supply::


Some lyrics from the band Little Texas sum my thoughts up better than anything I could have ever expressed:


'Cause God blessed Texas

With His own hand.

Brought down angels

From the promised land.

He gave them a place

Where they could dance.

If you wanna see heaven,

brother,Here's your chance.

'Cause I've been sent

To spread the message:

God blessed Texas.

photo courtesy of Sephora
Lyrics courtesy of www.sing365.com

No comments: