Sunday, November 9, 2008

Harajuku Lovers



One trend that I have never jumped on the bandwagon of celeb perfume scents. I once read an article about how one who chooses one of these scents is one who is desperate to be this celeb. Hmmm… Paris Hilton, need I say much more? Since I have never been a fan of this trend, I have never even bothered to smell the perfumes from celebs that I really do like, such as Gwen Stefani. I know many ladies who are big fans of L.A.M.B. but I just never was able to get into anything celeb endorsed. Until I saw the Harajuku Lovers fragrances from Gwen Stefani.


The doll packaging first drew me into these fragrances and then the fact that I could pick from five different fragrances brought me in even more. This allows me to pick the ones that work the best for me and still let me have the Harajuku perfumes. One day at Macy*s, I tried all five of the fragrances and even though I determined that Love was my favorite of the bunch, I actually liked and wanted every single one of them.


The fragrances are …


- G - This fragrance was inspired by Gwen herself and the doll bottle looks almost exactly like her. The official description, “Never one to get lost in the crowd, G leads her crew in a white corseted top and a blue mini-skirt, a la Alice in Wonderland. Quirky, unique and undeniably cool, G is the leader of the pack. Her scent is an oriental, fruity, gourmand fragrance with notes of fresh coconut, jasmine, and cotton woods.”


The notes - mandarin, coconut, apple skin, jasmine sambac, freesia, magnolia, coconut cream, white sandalwood, and cotton woods.


- Love - The official description, “Sweet, caring, and free spirited, Love is always off in her own little world. Stepping out in a cute, striped mini dress and fashionable red kicks, Love wears her heart in her sleeve, or rather in her hair! Her scent is reminiscent of a floral bouquet, with notes of pink pomelo, rose and creamy vanilla orchid.”


The notes - bergamot, pink pomelo, peach, bamboo leaf, watery peony, living hydroponic lace rose, jasmine sambac, nectarine blossom, creamy paper whites, Egyptian jasmine, ylang-ylang, vanilla musk, and blond wood.


- Lil’ Angel - The official description, “Lil’ Angel is woman who is compassionate and caring towards other, but is no saint. She sports a classy, yet sexy, schoolgirl outfit compete with plaid pleated miniskirt, white knee highs, and shiny black Mary Janes. Her scent is citrus floral with notes of pineapple, candied violet, and lollipop accord.”


The notes - raspberry, cranberry, blackberry, pineapple, pear blossom, violet, rose, lollipop accord, Hinoki wood, and crystal amber.


- Music - The official description, “Always looking to make someone laugh, charismatic Music has no qualms telling it like it is! Stylin’ in a smocked sailor outfit and black lace up boxing boots, Music marches to the beat of her own drum. Her scent is a fruity floral with notes of pear, sweet pea, and sleek wood.”


The notes - clementine, pear, jasmine sambac, sweet pea, honeysuckle, vanilla, skin musk, and sleek woods.


- Baby - The official description, “One bat of her lashes and Baby has all the boys in the palm of her hand! Pretty in pink, Baby steps out in a short baby doll dress and sweet Mary Janes. Her scent is a powdery floral with notes of white rose, orange flower, and white musk.”
The notes - freesia, bergamot, white rose, orange flower, tiare, jasmine, white musk, soft woods, heliotrope, vanilla, and violet.


So what ones did I buy? I couldn’t make a decision so I actually ended up buying all of them. Macy*s had a coffert of the five scents in solid form so I decided to buy that along with the small EDT in Love. So far, I really like Love, G, and Baby and I think that after I have finished up the solid perfumes, I will be buying more bottles of these three.


photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: