Saturday, November 15, 2008

Clinique Holiday 2008 Collection



Clinique’s newest holiday offerings are focused on the color of blackberries and shimmer. This company seems to repackage the same few colors for every single collection and something in every collection always reminds me of the Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. This product is their best selling lip product ever and has been in the collection for as long as a I can remember reading fashion magazines (summer before middle school). So I understand that they want to go with something that they know will sell but I do wish that they would mix it up a little bit!


The new collection for holiday is called Blackberry Bloom. This the official description from the Nordstrom website (I am really enjoying this site, I don’t know why I didn’t look here before!): “Clinique’s deep shimmering holiday look. Let the festivities begin. Mysterious, shimmering and Oh! so wearable. Blackberry Bloom inspires this elegant collection.” First thought, the collection is pretty but compared to NARS or MAC, these colors venture nowhere near what I think up when I read the words “deep” or “mysterious”. On the plus side, anyone can carry this look off so I can see these colors really selling well.


The collection…


- Allover Color - Blackberry Bloom - mauve, berry colored blush (the focal point of the collection)


- Full Potential Plump and Shine - Sugar Full


- Color Surge Eye Shadow Super Shimmer
- Black Amethyst
- Black Coffee
- Black Smoke


- Kohl Shaper for Eyes
- Black Amethyst
- Black Denim
- Black Kohl
- Blackened Taupe
- Black Coffee
- Black Honey
- Blackened Pewter


-High Impact Mascara
- Black
- Black/Brown
- Black Honey


Nice collection but on the average side. I could take or leave this whole collection, nothing is life changing or earth shattering. I like the Black Coffee eye shadow but I’m sure that the company already has something similar or I can find something better from NARS.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: