Friday, November 14, 2008

NARS Holiday 2008 Collection



No discussion on new makeup collections would be complete without my favorite brand in the entire world. What brand would this be? Why NARS, of course! NARS Fall 2008 Collection was great so Holiday 2008 holds the potential to be outstanding and the best of the best. In an interview with Francois NARS that is up on the NARS website, he talks about how his icon for this line and the Fall 2008 line had blue eyes and how he put his love of the color gold into these lines. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!


Here’s the collection…


- Blush - Super Orgasm (peachy pink with gold glitter)


- Single Eye Shadow
- Night Life - silver with silver particles
- Silent Night - metallic with gold particles


- Duo Eye Shadow - Jolie Poupee (vibrant violet/pearlescent purple)


- Lipstick - Canaille (shimmering mahogany)


- Lip Gloss - All Night Long (dusty raspberry)


- Nail Polish - Orgasm (peachy pink with shimmer)


I see three standouts already. The lip gloss and the two single eye shadows are absolutely wonderful. When I first opened up the page to the collection on the NARS website, all I could think was that I wanted those two eye shadows like I have never wanted anything else before. I have a special place in my heart for NARS Night collection eye shadows. My first foray into the world of dark eye makeup involved the NARS Night Clubbing shade (a favorite to this day) and the purple shade Santorini. The look that was given to me by the makeup artist was over the top and stagy but I still bought Night Clubbing and the brushes to go along with it. Obviously, I learned to use it in a much more toned down fashion. The All night Long Lip Gloss looks like a deeper version of my beloved Chihuahua and could be worn with these eye shadows for a party look or alone for a natural look during the day. I will be visiting Sephora and their NARS counter VERY soon.

photo courtesy of NARS

No comments: