Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dior Holiday 2008 Collection



Oh Christian Dior and your beautiful navy blue compacts. I just love to look at the packaging of these products but I haven’t always had the greatest admiration for the product inside. I’ve never disliked a Dior eye shadow but I have felt that some of them are rather generic and the pigmentation is not always what I would except from something with the Dior logo on it. Mascara is another story, they are tops for that product. Keeping this in mind, I looked at the Holiday 2008 Collection expecting to love it on first sight then be somewhat disappointed with some of the choices. Let’s see how I fared…


So trying to write this article took me a bit longer than it normally does. The Sephora site only lists the Fall 2008 collection for Dior and nothing about the Holiday collection and the Dior site is not working with my computer today for some reason. I went onto the Nordstrom site and spent a decent amount of time trying to pick through what was listed in order to find the newest products and shades. So I am warning everyone right now, this may not be completely correct as to only having brand new shades in or I may have inadvertently left something out. I will try to get onto the Dior site again but it hasn’t worked twice already so I really don’t think it will work a third time.


That all being said, the collection that is up on the Nordstrom website is called “Black and White Ball”. That sounds like holiday to me!! The description from the Nordstrom site is as follows, “Dior’s new look is every woman’s top secret evening weapon for glamorous couture allure. Centered around dazzling intense eyes, delicate luminous face and lip colors offer a soft backdrop. Nails shine with jewel-like brilliance.”


The products…


- Dior Night Diamond Compact - Beige Diamond, described as an iridescent veil laced with shimmer to give an allover glow


- Dior Deluxe Travel Palette - contains a color powder blush, sun powder, six eye shadows, a deluxe travel size Diorshow mascara, and a Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect


- Dior Holiday Eye Palette - a set of four shadows, comes in Cool or Warm


- Dior 5-Colour Eye Shadow- Night Dust


- Dior Waterproof Crayon Eyeliner - Trinidad Black


- Diorshow Blackout Mascara - Dior’s deepest kohl black mascara shade


- Dior Blush - English Rose, two colors in one palette that can be worn separately or mixed to create different looks


- Dior Holiday Lip Palette - a set of four lip colors, comes in Cool or Warm


- Dior Rouge Dior Lipstick - Eternal Beige (BORING!)


- Dior Crème de Gloss - Honey Delight (ALMOST AS BORING!)


The eye shadow colors are the best part of this collection. I know that the collection is focused around strong eyes but Dior could have offered a bit more of choice with the lip shades. Beige lip tones don’t work for everyone and a mauve or two work have been a workable choice for those with cooler skin tones. I love the Night Diamond Compact and of course, ALL THE PACKAGING!!!


photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: