Wednesday, November 26, 2008

O.P.I. Holiday 2008 Collection



I have been talking about holiday makeup for the last few weeks here and now I need to break from it and cover something else that is holiday inspired. After seeing an ad for the new O.P.I. holiday nail polish colors, I knew that I had a new topic to write about. For nail polishes, I mostly use Lippmann Collection and Chanel. I also have a couple of old bottles of Essie, O.P.I., and Nicole but I haven’t really used them in ages and I may have thrown most of them away last time I cleaned out my traincase. So this collection is all new to me and I am ready to investigate some new colors from this company. This collection is called Holiday in Toyland and it is 12 new nail shades with 3 coordinating shades for lips.


Here are the colors…


- Girls Just Want to Play - A playfully pretty coral-red


- Red Hot Gift - A merry, must-have bright red


- Little Red Wagon - A classic holiday red


- Rosy Mistletoes-sies - A cozy magenta shimmer


- A Ruby for Rudolph - A glimmering jewel red to light up the night


- Don’t Toy With Me! - A burgundy day that’s seriously gorgeous


- “Sheer” Your Toys - But keep this pale gray for yourself!


- You’re a Doll! - You’re tutu sweet in this delicate hint of pink!


- Glamour Game - Play it in style with this champagne gold


- Brand New Skates - A dark silver that’s cutting edge


- Baby, It’s “Coal” Outside - Warm up with this rich, charcoal shimmer


- Play Til’ Midnight - In this elegant midnight blue


The matching lip shades that are available are Little Red Wagon, Rosy Mistletoes-sies, and Don’t Toy With Me. From this collection, I can already find some new colors that give me a reason to get back into shopping for O.P.I. I definitely want “Sheer” Your Toys, You’re a Doll, and Play Til’ Midnight. I also want to check out A Ruby for Rudolph and see how it compares to other reds that I have. I really want to see Baby, It’s “Coal” Outside and see if I can pull this color off in real life.

photo courtesy of O.P.I.

No comments: