Monday, October 12, 2009

Caudalie Gentle Cleanser

It's that time of the year...the seasons are changing and along with them so is my skin. I have gone from battling an oily T-zone to my skin being so dry that it hurts if I do not put some form of moisturizer on practically as soon as I get out of the shower. I have switched over from my foaming face washes to something that is much gentler and helps to hydrate my skin before I even get out of the shower. And of course, my latest face wash choice is from Caudalie. At this point, it is safer to assume that whatever I choose will be from this fantastic company.

My latest choice from them for skincare is the Gentle Cleanser. This is a creamy wash that doesn't foam at all and feels great on the skin. The general description of the product from the Sephora website is here, "Velvety gentle fluid cleanser for all skin types, including sensitive". Here is the more detailed description, "Leaves the skin clean, soft, free of impurities and makeup, and protected against free radicals. Skin regains clarity and health and is perfectly prepared to absorb the benefits of skincare appiled afterwards".

This product has some great benefits to it. It indeed leaves my skin soft and supple and doesn't dry it out in the least bit. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and has a very mild fragrance to it. It rinses cleaner than other cream cleansers that I have used in the past. I also love the packaging. I love the pump bottle and one single pump dispenses the perfect amount of product for me to clean my entire face.

The only major downside to this product is that I don't feel that it fully lives up to its claim of removing all traces of makeup from the skin. After I get out of the shower, I do need to use a hydrating toner in order to get all the remains of my Make Up Forever HD Foundation off ot my skin. However, I must add that this foundation is on the harder side to remove so perhaps any cleanser that is on the more gentle side would not be able to fully get it all off.

But, putting the makeup removal claim to the side, I love this product. I am very with how it doesn't dry out or irritate my skin. And especially how it doesn't make my facial redness worse (as I have found that many face cleansers do). As with any product from Caudalie, this cleanser is formulated from natural ingredients and paraben-free. Another win from Caudalie!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: