Thursday, March 5, 2009

Awake Stardom Mascara

During casual days and anytime that Phenomen’eyes was just too much, I was also using the Awake Stardom Mascara. I actually bought this mascara by accident, I was rummaging through the Awake makeup drawer at my local Bath and Body Works and I was trying so hard to find the black shade in the Optic Force area that I just grabbed this one and never bothered to make sure that I actually got Optic Force. So a couple of months later, I got the tube out and was shocked to discover that I actually picked Stardom up instead.

I had never used this product before, I always used Optic Force and Escalation when I bought mascara from this company. I first noticed that this mascara has one curved brush and a small comb on the other end of the tube. The curved brush applies the mascara base and then the comb separates lashes and applies another coat of mascara. I can’t find a description of this product because it is not listed on the Awake site so I guess that it is gone for good. And the worst part is that Optic Force is not listed either so I am now nursing a broken heart over that mascara.

And the verdict? I was so unhappy the first time that I tried this mascara. It is not meant to give the user huge, fake looking lashes and I knew that but I still was not happy with the results. The firs thing I noticed was that it highlighted the fact that a huge chunk of my lashes were broken or missing on one of my eyes (a casualty from the super scrubbing needed to get Smashbox Bionic Mascara off). What a great look for me! However, over time, I did get used to this stuff and the more defined look that it gives me. I realized that I have to use four coats of it to even begin to give myself that look that I normally desire with a mascara but I can get a kind of thick lash look from it (sort of). Not my favorite and not a repurchase but it did force me to think out of the super sized lashes box.

No comments: