Friday, March 13, 2009

Fond Farewell Products

There are very few beauty products that I swear by and could not live without. Urban Decay Primer Potion, Vincent Longo Water Canvas Blush, Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum, Lippmann Collection Just Walk Away Renee Nail Polish, Benefit BadGal Lash, Stella McCartney’s Stella fragrance are just a few of the products that I really love.

So I get really disappointed when I manage to find a product great enough to love and then it ends up getting discontinued. Here are my five most missed beauty products…

Chanel Ciel de Nuit Nail Polish - My first piece of expensive makeup ever. This is what got me hooked on makeup back in the seventh grade. I loved everything about it; the color, the bottle, the interlocking Cs on the cap, the fact that no one else in junior high had it, and even the cute little Chanel shopping bag that it came in. I have searched high and low for a polish that even comes close to this color and have continued to draw a blank for over ten years. Chanel introduced Blue Satin and Azur last spring and I tried to recreate the original color with it but still came up empty.

Fresh Memoirs of Geisha Sake Bath - One of the most amazing bubble bathes ever released. A florally, peachy scent that produced thick, luxurious bubbles. It never dried my skin out and was just the best bath experience ever. Fresh has their original Sake Bath but I prefer the scent of this one more.

Vincent Longo Gel-X Lipstick in Lust - The perfect deep red for me. I have never found a color quite like this one and am beginning to doubt that I ever will. It was a cream lipstick that resembled the formulas that were popular in the 1950s. This lipstick lasted forever and always garnered me compliments with every use. This lipstick contained shea butter and tons of emollients to keep lips hydrated and plump looking.

Dessert Beauty Deliciously Kissable Bath Bubbles in Creamy - I don’t have great luck with bubble bathes obviously. This one wasn’t popular on Makeup Alley and this line overall just sucked and had the crappiest quality. But somehow this product was a gem for me. Only a little bit of this gel is needed to create a huge mountain of foamy bubbles that make the whole bathroom smell like cupcakes. Just because I loved it doesn’t mean that it was loved overall and the whole line was gotten rid of.

Awake Optic Force Mascara - One of the most amazing and unique mascaras that I have ever used. It had dual ended brushes, one for a base coat and the other for a top coat. The brush on the base coat was shaped like a W to get the product to the edges of eye and to make the middle of the lash pop. The brush of the top coat was small and easy to get every single lash. The first time that I used this mascara, a friend looked at me and told me that my eyes looked amazing. It really killed me that I found an AMAZING mascara and it got discontinued. I still believe that if more people knew about the amazingness of this mascara, it would have been a top seller for Awake.
Ok, now I’m just getting depressed…

No comments: