Monday, March 9, 2009

LUSH Creamy Candy Bubble Bar

The Creamy Candy Bubble Bar is another product from LUSH that can rank as one of my favorite bath products ever. Bubble bars are different from bath bombs in that they produce a good amount of foaming bubbles but they are not quite like liquid bubble bath. First I will provide the LUSH description of what a bubble bar is then we will look at this product individually. “Bubble bars are the first-ever solid bath foam, and a LUSH original invention. Unlike liquid bubble bath, our bubble bars contain no preservatives to damage the environment, or harsh surfactants to irritate the skin. Crumble one under running bath water for a tubful of luxuriously soft, scented bubbles.

And the description of this product is right here, “With comforting vanilla for your sweet tooth, Creamy Candy bubble bath is delicious (with no calories) and scrumptiously scented to make even the biggest sourpuss smile. So if you know some people who need cheering up, take a trip to the candy store and re-acquaint them with their inner child. They might wonder why they ever grew up.”

I cut the bubble bar in half and only used one part it to see much I could get from one bar. Shockingly, one half a bar produced a whole tub full of candy scented pink bubbles. I was so happy with the product and I add this one to my collection of LUSH staples. This product still amazes me in that they can have a solid bar but still have it create all the bubbles of a traditional liquid bubble bath. A miracle of chemistry and now something that I will be looking into to see how it can be done.

As a side note, while on the LUSH website looking this description up, I found a clover shaped bath bomb for St. Patty’s day that turns the bath water green. I seriously want to buy about 100 of these!
photo courtesy of LUSH

No comments: