Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Urban Decay Catfight



The other day, I went onto the Urban Decay site to look at the new looks that they had put together for Spring 2009. Shockingly, everything that they put together and showed were way too dramatic for my taste and way too dramatic for many people’s tastes I would think. I decided to try and take one of the looks that I liked the most on the site and find a way to make it more wearable in everyday life.


The look that I am working with is called Catfight and it is based around dramatic eye makeup and glitter eyeliner. Here are the products that are used to create this look…


Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner
- Catfight
- Midnight Cowboy


24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
- Zero


Big Fatty Mascara


Deluxe Eye Shadow
- Sting


Lipstick
- Midnight Cowboy


The first change that I would make to this look is to not use Zero to draw on eye lashes way above the lash line. I would use a more dramatic mascara than Big Fatty (Phenomen’eyes) or even false lashes to get a huge lash look without drawing them on. The Midnight Cowboy Glitter Liner does not need to fully wing out under the eye and could be drawn on top of the Zero in that spot. The Catfight liner could be used as an accent to the Midnight Cowboy on top instead of being used to draw with the Zero “lashes”.


Toned down, this could a really pretty pink and gold look for the upcoming months. Or you could just be a rock star and wear it as they suggest…

photo courtesy of Urban Decay

No comments: