Monday, March 16, 2009

O.P.I. South Beach Collection



The latest O.P.I. collection for the spring and summer months is called South Beach and it is full of shades that are pinks, tans, corals, and a purple here and there. At first glance, I thought that it only looked “ok” and not something that I fell in love with. But I decided that I should at least go through and look at every color and see if there are any gems in this collection. The description from O.P.I. is here right, “Undeniably Hot! When you think heat, think South Beach. OPI South Beach Collection features a palette of shades that captures the color, the fashion and the trend-setting excitement of the world's most stylish celebrity playground- South Beach. A new polish collection for Spring 2009, the South Beach colors span from a playful nude to a deep bronze, a sun-burnt purple to a party-ready coral. Head South for Spring with these exciting shades!” Could be fun…maybe.


Here are the shades…


- Overexposed in South Beach - A vivid purple that can’t get enough attention
- Miami Beet - This racy red-violet could be your vice
- Done Out in Deco - A “deco”-dant shade of arty lilac
- Suzy and The Lifeguard - a not-so-innocent light pink
- Party in My Cabana - Wear your cutest bikini and this rich “cab”- tivating pink
- Feelin’ Hot-Hot-Hot! - A flamingo pink blazing with style
- Paint My Moji-Toes Red - A warm rosy red for cocktails on the beach
- OPI On Collins Ave - A sizzling red-orange that knows where the action is
- Conga Line - A hip-shaking, fiery, orange-rose- Sand in My Suit - Can you “bare” this nude shade?
- Clubbing til Sunrise - A golden tangerine that goes from dusk to dawn
- Bronzed to Perfection - A toasty brown that’s perfectly chic


Of the whole collection, I really like Suzy and the Lifeguard and Sand in my Suit (the picture is of this shade). I sort of like Done Out in Deco and Paint My Moji-Toes Red. I’m just not that into this collection, it’s cute but I feel like it has all been done before.

photo courtesy of O.P.I.

No comments: