Wednesday, March 25, 2009

LUSH MMM Melting Marshmallow Moment Bath Melt



The other night, I decided to try another LUSH bath product. This time, I used the Bath Melt in MMM Melting Marshmallow Moment. The Bath Melt look like kind of like bath bombs, but they dissolve slower and are more hydrating. This product has gotten really high ratings on Makeup Alley, so I was really excited to try it.


I must be in the minority for this product, but I didn’t find it to be all that great. First a description of the product from LUSH. This is for the product overall, “Drop a bath melt into a tubful of hot water to release its moisturizing oils, cocoa butter and fine essential oils. Highly recommended for dry skin or during the parched winter months, bath melts leave your skin soft and fragrant.” The directions were to drop it in hot water, let it dissolve completely, and then get in the tub and enjoy. First of all, it took forever to dissolve so I ended up getting cold and just got in the tub before it was finished. So I already didn’t begin my relaxing bath happy.


Now for the scent itself. The description from LUSH is right here, “Musky marshmallow body oils for the bath comforts without the calories. It looks like strawberry ice cream (or maybe a raspberry fairy cake) but it's really a sweetly scented, relaxing bath oil melt to place in a warm tub. Lie there languidly as you watch it slowly dissolve, sweetly scenting your body with marshmallow and marigold, and softening your skin with cocoa butter and almond oil. Mmmm…” It did turn my bath water a pale shade of pink which I really liked but overall it was a rather mediocre experience. I could smell a sweet scent with some hints of marshmallow but it was nothing fantastic. It didn’t dry my skin out, so that was a plus for the product. But overall, it took too long to work and I think I am just more of brightly colored bath bomb or bubble bar girl than anything else.

photo courtesy of LUSH

No comments: