Thursday, March 19, 2009

MAC Sugarsweet



The second new collection that MAC is releasing today is called Sugarsweet. This collection is full of spring pastels and at first glance, looks like it would be really fun to work with. Here is the description of the collection from MAC, “This spring, M·A·C is all temptation... frostings, finishes, fillings. Each of them whipped, creamy, deliciously stylish, as inspired by the world's most popular sugar-sweet desserts. Never has a season looked so eat-me-up gorgeous!” Now that MAC has given me makeup that reminds me of dessert, I can be 100% sugar sweet from head to toe!


The collection…


Eye Shadow - Highly-pigmented powder. Applies evenly, blends well.
- Dear Cupcake - Mid-tone pink coral with gold pearl
- Club - red-brown with green pearl
- Stars N’Rockets - purple with pink pearl
- Sugarshot - pale frosty beige
- Aquavert - soft mint with white pearl


Sugarsweet Shadestick - Shadestick Eye Shadow specially packaged for the Sugarsweet collection. Features colour-matched casing and packaging. Available in a selection of five cupcake-inspired shades.
- Lemon Chiffon - frosted pale white gold
- Penny - light pinky copper
- Cakeshop - frosted pewter
- Red Velvet - frosted mid-tone pink
- Butternutty - frosted light neutral beige


34 Lash - Dramatically long. Wispy. Features a long, winged-corner edge. M·A·C Lashes are handmade to exact specifications. Each pattern and design is perfectly shaped and arranged to give a striking effect, whether the look is natural or dramatic. Available in a variety of shapes and densities.


Zoom Lash - This instant volume mascara power-lifts the lashes into length, curls them up...builds them faster than you can wink! Precision control wand glides smoothly down lashes to provide a gorgeously silky upward “sweep”. Smudgeproof and long-wearing!
- Zoom Black - rich black


Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.
- Bubbles - shimmery warm white
- Touch - peachy cinnamon
- Lollipop Loving - clean mid-tone coral with subtle green with gold iridescence
- Saint Germain - clean pastel pink
- Sweet Thing - mid-tone magenta with multi-dimensional pearl


Tricolour Lip Glass - A colourwave of three stacked shades with varying pearl combinations in one Lipglass vial. Each layer smoothly gradates into the next. Applied color may vary slightly with each application. Comes with its own applicator. Limited edition.
- Consume Me - clear with gold pearl
- Tasty - sheer raspberry pink
- Just Dessert - sheer frosted silver pink
- Triple-Yum - sheer golden beige
- Simply Delicious - sheer frosted golden peach


Mineralize Skinfinish - A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks and brows, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face.
- Perfect Topping - pink/peach/lavender mélange
- Refined - tan/peach/coral mélange


Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high gloss formula. Three long-wearing finishes - Cream, Sheer, and Frosted. Visibly different. Provides no-streak/no-chip finish. Contains conditioners and UV protection.
- Peppermint Patti - creamy mint green
- Seasonal Peach - creamy pale peachy pink


I really like the whole collection and would be more than happy to own the whole thing but I will force myself to pick out several favorites from the collection. Let’s be realistic for a second, if I actually purchased the whole collection, I might not even get to many of these products until next spring will all of the makeup that I currently have started. My top picks are in the eye shadows, the shadesticks, the lip glosses, the Mineralize Skinfinish, and the nail lacquer.


From the eye shadows, I really want Dear Cupcake, Sugarshock, and Aquavert. I have never tried the Shadesticks, so these will also be a new product for me. From this line, I want the colors Lemon Chiffon, Penny, Red Velvet, and Butternutty. From the Tri-colour lipglass, I want consume Me, Tasty, Just Dessert and Triple-Yum. I want the Perfect Topping Mineralize Skinfinish, I haven’t gotten to try this product either but I have heard so many raves about it that I am really excited to get one now. Lastly, I really want the Peppermint Patti Nail Lacquer (already sold out on the MAC website). My “narrowing down” of this collection really didn’t do all that much for me, so it looks like I will be getting most of the collection.
photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: