Sunday, April 19, 2009

Essie Neon Collection



One of the first nail polish shades that I ever practically hit the bottom of the bottle on was Essie’s Ballet Slippers. I first saw this color on J. Lo. And fell in love with how delicate and pretty it was and decided to watch for it every time that I went shopping. At the time, it was their best selling shade (and it may still be) so I had a hard time getting my hands on a bottle of it. But when I did, I used that polish almost every single time that I gave myself a manicure.


Their newest collection is for this spring and summer and it is far from the pastels that this company has become known for. But that is not necessarily a bad thing, it is fun to change up one’s look during the warmer months and get ready for warmer weather. And for someone like myself, these colors might for better on toes than on hands, at least to start out with. I tend to a get a bright or dark shade and use it first on toes to build up my comfort level then begin using it in manicures. This collection is called the Neon Collection.


Here are the colors…


- Flirty Fuchsia - flaming 'hot pink' magenta is deep and rich nail polish

- Funky Limelight - brilliant day-glo yellow nail polish has just a hint of lime.
- Perky Purple - Electric boogie violet is a purple nail polish that pops.

- Punchy Pink - Delicious berry icicle is the perfect bright pink nail polish.


As I already said, using these colors in a manicure would be way out of my comfort but I would try them in a pedicure and see how much I liked wearing this much color. I like all of the shades except for the Funky Limelight, yellow is still way too far out of my comfort zone. But I’m thinking that the other shades could work with my new black halter bikini at the beach.

photo courtesy of Essie

No comments: