Monday, April 6, 2009

Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain Collection



Being that lipstick sales usually increase with the downfall of the economy and the recession, Guerlain brilliantly introduced its new lipstick only collection this spring. The collection is called Rogue G by Guerlain and combines a fantastic new formula with great colors and the most James Bond inspired packaging that I have seen in ages. Honestly, this packaging is so amazing that it would be worth the purchase just to be able to whip out the tube in front of friends. Hmmmm…this is sounding very Christian Dior. I normally do not look at prices or consider them all that much when buying beauty product but the $45 price tag on these lipsticks does deserve a mention. Is the packaging that amazing that it is worth that price to purchase, especially when the country is not soaring economically?


Let’s find out…First we need a description of the product itself. I can only find this product on Saks and Bergdorf websites right now, so I think that it was an exclusive release to those companies. Guerlain called on one of the most talented jewelers from the Place Vendôme in Paris, Lorenz Bäumer, to create an object of mystery and seduction: Rouge G de Guerlain. At the first click, the case reveals a stunning mirror, a promise of your own personal luxury... and then an exceptional lipstick nestled within the case.An exceptional accessory, Rouge G de Guerlain surpasses mere Beauty with a breathtaking formula. A precious ruby powder interacts with daylight to reveal spectacular radiance unachieved to date. At the first contact, lips are immediately defined, smoothed, plumped and hydrated. Available in 25 shades.”


This collection is not on the Guerlain site and I can’t find anything more than a list of colors on any of the other sites. I will provide the list but I can't find any descriptions of the colors which is rather irritating.


- Gabrielle 60
- Gaela 61
- Gala 21
- Galia 03
- Gardenia 02
- Gemma 64
- Georgia 62
- Gina 20
- Gipsy 41
- Giulette 63
- Gracieuse 05
- Greta 22
- Guilana 42
- Gaby 07
- Gaia 10
- Galante 09
- Garance 06
- Geisha 23
- Gentiane 04
- Gil 40
- Ginger 43
- Gisele 08
- Garcia 66
- Grenade 65
- Guerlinade 01


Of these shades, I really can’t even tell what ones that I would want to purchase because there are no descriptions and the pictures might look nothing like the colors in real life. There are a few colors that look promising though. Gabrielle 60 is pretty pale pink that I think that I would really like. The rest of the colors are looking like they run more toward the purple and lavender side, a trend that I have not really jumped on the bandwagon of this spring. Love the case but I need to actually see the colors before I can decide if I would want to get any of these colors.

photo courtesy of Saks Fifth Avenue

No comments: