Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Skyn Iceland Glacial Face Wash



Lately, I have been really into trying new face washes. No sooner do I use one for a couple of weeks than I get bored with it and open up another one. I found a bottle of Skyn Iceland’s Glacial Face Wash and decided that this would be my next experiment. At Sephora, this was sold to me as a creamy, non-irritating wash for sensitive combination skin. I didn’t know much about his line but I decided that I like the feel of the wash when she tried it on my hand and I went for it.


First some background on the company. I have only ever seen this line at Sephora so I do wonder if they are exclusive to that company. Here is the quick description of the line from the Sephora website, “You know the stress-crazed scenario: trading sleep for coffee, smoking when you shouldn't, consuming ridiculous amounts of chocolate when you should be at a yoga class. Relax, manic mavens. Meet your new best friend Skyn Iceland. It's the first skincare line specifically formulated to combat the detrimental effects of chronic "wigging-out" in your over-worked complexion. After exploring Iceland's pure, untouched environment, the geniuses at Skyn Iceland discovered beneficial new botanicals and pristine glacial waters that would become their perfect antidote for stressed skin. The result is a skincare line that's simple, yet effective; just the breath of fresh air exhausted skin needs to render it soft, clear, fresh, and glowing.” My skin has been looking stressed for the last few weeks so maybe something from this line can help.


The face wash itself has a creamy texture and creates tons of rich foam when mixed with warm water. This product is described as “a creamy, foaming cleanser that detoxifies, decongests, and purifies chronically stressed skin.” So why is it special? “Newly repackaged Glacial Face Wash refreshes and soothes chronically stressed skin with the purest Icelandic glacial waters and beneficial minerals. The water-activated luxurious cleansing foam is exceedingly mild, so it detoxifies and purifies without stripping skyn of its natural moisture. Skin's harmony, balance, and glow are restored.”


Sounds like a dream come true…


This product is not my dream come true but I didn’t hate it. My major complaint was that it stripped my skin if I used it more than once a day. It cleaned my skin but it almost cleaned it too well. I didn’t need this product in the morning, only in the evening. I was impressed by the fact that when I went to tone my face after getting out of the shower, there was no traces of makeup on the cotton ball. This has never happened to me before, normally I am still removing foundation and concealer after I am done washing my face. Once I started using this product only at night, I started to like it much better. My skin wasn’t tight and dry anymore after use and while I didn’t notice any great brightening effect, my skin looked nicer than before and it was clearer than it was before use of the wash.


Its not my dream wash but it is nice product and might better in the summertime when my skin is oilier. I don’t know how well this would work during the winter when my skin gets really dry.
photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: