Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lilly Pultizer Beachy



Earlier this spring, i talked about the first fragrance that was released by design house Lilly Pultizer. I was on the Sephora website when I realized that they released two more fragrances, in addition to Wink. One is called Beachy and one is called Squeeze. The one that we are going to talk about today is Beachy, we will save Squeeze for another day soon.


The first thing that I noticed about Beachy is that it comes in a beautiful aqua bottle and reminds me of the color of a tropical ocean. Here is the description of the fragrance from Sephora, "Take a vacation with Lilly Pultizer Beachy and discover that Palm Beach isn't just a place, it's a state of mind. Escape to the shore, no matter the season and lose yourself in a world of fun and relaxation. Beachy opens with notes of sliced watermelon, sunny citrus, and marine air accord. The heart blooms into an intoxicating bouquet of jasmine blossom, tiare flower, and lush frangipani. The sun sets on the fragrance with a blend of sea crystals, golden amber, and sweet vanilla. Follow the sun!" This sounds very much like an Island Micheal Kors type of fragrance, which for me is a good thing!


The notes are right here - Watermelon, Citrus, Marine Air Accord, Jasmine, Tiare Flower, Frangipani, Salt Crystals, Amber, Vanilla.


I am a little intrigued by the watermelon note in this fragrance, hopefully this won't turn me into a watermelon Jolly Rancher. I love any fragrace that has marine air in it and the notes of tropical flowers make this fragrance even more exciting for me.


This fragrance is already making me think of mini dresses and beaches. One point in summer beauty's favor!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: