Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MAC A Rose Romance



Well everyone...the big day came around last Thursday. No not my wedding day or graduation from school or anything that would be a big day to normal people. The big even that i am refering to the release of the newest MAC collection, A Rose Romance. I have been waiting for this collection what seems like ages and you better believe that I was at the counter on the release day scoping out all the new goodies. I found this collection to be extremely exciting but I do know that many MAC junkies found it to be somewhat basic (in comparison to other collections). I guess that I am just more of a rose junkie than a MAC junkie.



Here is the description of the collection from MAC, "From cheeks that blush, just a pinch, to soft rosebud shades and refreshingly fragrant fixes, it's a summer rose romance. Rosy pinks, faithful fuschias, and forget-me-not blues...a limited edition collection of colours to pick, persue, and ponder".



Here is the makeup part of the collection, there is a perfume with this collection that excited me so much that it gets its own separate entry.



Eye Shadow - Highly-pigmented powder. Applies evenly, blends well.

- Et tu, Bouquet? - frosted pale pink gold

- Of Summer - frosted light dirty mauve

- Creme de Violet - pink-violet with gold pearl

- Shadowy Lady - blackened plum

- Silverthorn - mid-tone grey with silver pearl



Pigment - Pigment is a highly concentrated loose color powder that contains ingredients that help it adhere to the skin. Create a subtle wash of color or an intense effect. Does not streak or cake. Easy to blend and long-lasting,

- Mutiny - clean sky blue with gold pearl

- Circa Plum - frosty dirty mid-tone lavender



Splashproof Lash - Waterproof, long-wearing, length-defining, lash-thickening and formulated to last. Won't clump, flake, or blot! Takes the splash! Go swim!

- Blacksplash - black



Lipstick - Color plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made MAC famous.

- Way to Love - creamy light yellow pink

- A Rose Romance - mid-tone pink with gold pearl

- Odyssey - spiked up plum



Tinted Lipglass - A unique lipglass available in a wide variety of colors that create a high gloss, glass-like finish or a subtle sheen. Designed to be worn on its own, over Lip Pencil or Lipstick, Tinted Lipglass is the perfect product for creating shine that lasts. It's pigmented, very shiny, and can impart subtle or dramatic color. It contains Jojoba Oil to help soften and condition the lips. Tinted Lipglass is packaged in a convenient bottle with a sponge tip applicator that provides a quick, smooth, even application

- Virgin Kiss - sheer pale pink with multi-dimensional pearl

- Steal My Heart - sheer bright pink with multi-dimensional pearl
- Magnetique - frosted violet fuschia




See Thru Lip Color - A light-weight gel stain that deposits long-wearing transparent color on the lips. Provides an ultra sheer look and comfortable application. Refreshing in wear. Makes lips look "just kissed".

- Loving Touch - sheer pearly light pink

- Secret Crush - sheer red berry

- Tender Tryst - sheer pearly plum


Just A Pinch Gel Blush - A creamy gel blush that delivers the perfect pinch of color while remaining transparently sheer. Specially enriched formula helps keep the skin moist and fresh looking. To build color on the lips or cheeks, layer for the ultimate rosy look.

- Just A Pinch - sheer red pink tint


Rose Beauty Powder - Part of the Rose Romance collection, a rose embossed, micronized face powder that brightens and subtly highlights the skin. Ultra-light, silky, and luxurious.

- Summer Rose - soft violet pink with pearl

- Blush of Youth - clean pink with gold pearl


Fix + Rose - Our popular Fix + enhanced with rose water. Formulated from spring water, rich in added minerals, this aromatic mist refreshes, hydrates, and conditions skin while acting as a perfect finishing fix for makeup. Smells great too.


Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high gloss formula. Three long-wearing finishes - Cream, Sheer, and Frosted. Visibly different. Provides no-streak, no-chip finish. Contains conditioners and UV protection. Go hi-lacquer!

- Love & Friendship - creamy dirty mid-tone lavender


As I stated earlier, I will be saving the fragrance that comes with this collection for the next post. normally, I make a list of the items that I really want from each collection but this time I already bought everything before writing the entry. So what did i get? I got the eye shadows in Et Tu Bouquet? and Creme de Violet. I also got the Way to Love Lipstick and the Loving Touch See Thru Lip Color. I got the Summer Rose Beauty Powder and the Nail Lacquer. The Summer Rose beauty powder is pigmented enough for me to use it as a blush on my superpale skin but will not work that way for others with deeper skin tones. I had high hopes for the gel blush but I thought that it was too bright for my skin. I was planning on getting at least one of the Lipglasses but the two light colors had too much glitter in (glitter particles not just shimmer) and I really liked the See Thru colors after I tried them on my hand. The only thing that I want that I decided against was the Fix + Rose but if the counter still ahs any left next time I go, I might pick it up.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: