Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dior Addict Lip Glow

This lip balm is a unique offering from Dior, it is a product that both hydrates and provides pigment. This product reacts with the user's individual body chemistry to turn their lips what should be the perfect shade for them. this reminds me very much of O-Gloss from Smashbox but with much improved moisturizing properties. It is described as "a color-awakening lip balm with SPF 10".

Here is the description of the product from Sephora, "Dior Addict Lip Glow responds to the color chemistry of your lips to create a shade that is uniquely yours. Smooth it on to moisturize, add sun protection, and enhnace your natural lip color". This lip product creates lip shades of every color between pale nudes all the way to superbright pinks. Most of reviews that I have read of this product are based on the shade that the lips get turned. Most of the people that love the product get the lighter shade and most of the people that hate it got the bright pink shade.

The moisturizing properties of this product were exceptional when I tried it out. I really liked the product because I got a bit of a pinky shade that made my lips look plumper but didn't give them any great amount of pigment. I loved the silver bullet package that the product comes in but packaging is the one aspect that Dior always gets right.

The major downside of this product is that I do not feel that it provides enough sun protection especially in the summer months. An SPF of only 10 is way too low and I feel that it should be closer to 25 or 30 in order to give full protection from the harmful sun's rays.

I really like this product but that is in major part to the fact that it didn't me bright pink clown lips.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: