Monday, August 10, 2009

Caudalie Vinopure

It is now the height of summer and it is hot and super muggy outside. Just going outside and getting out of the air conditioning is enough to make all of my makeup slide off of my face. And having any type of hydrator on my face in the daytime does nothing to help out this problem. But if I don't use some type of lotion, then my face will be so dry that it feels like it crack open when I go back inside. Summer beauty is painful sometimes...

So what is a girl to do? I decided to go out and find a lightweight hydrator that contains some type of mattifier and is hopefully designed for oily/combination skin. And what did I end up walking out of the store with. Something from Caudalie of course! Really...did you all think that I would look for another brand before searching this one for the needed product. The product of which I am referring to is called Vinopure Matte Finish Fluid and it is exactly what i had in mind before I went into Sephora.

Vinopure Matte Finish Fluid is part of the line of products in the purple packaging, which are designed for oiler skin type that are in need of purification without the addition of excess oil. These products have an overall lighter texture than most of the other products offered from this company. Here is the description of the product from the Sephora website, "Ideal for combination skin in need of anti-oxidant protection, this oil-free fluid moisturizes and purifies, as it regulates oil production, refining skin texture, leaving the skin with a soft matte finish. Formulated without parabens, phenoxyethanol, animal ingredients, and artifical colorings".

The reason that I purchased this product was for oil control in the warmer months and it really delivers on that promise. My face is matte from the time that I apply this product in the morning and stays that way through the next few hours. However after that time, I do need to touch up with blotting papers on my t-zone area. This product is very light and didn't cause any breakouts (a major positive). But I will have to admit that this product is not among my favorites from Caudalie. It left my cheek area too dry and didn't really hydrate it enough to combat the dryness from the air conditioning. I think product isn't really a top choice for someone with skin that leans more toward combination than all over oily. Unless they wish to apply it only to oily areas of thier face...it would be ideal then.

I would recommend this product to someone with oily skin that needs shine protection but wants to stick with more natural skincare options. As I said earlier, I would really only recommend this product to someone that has combination skin if they were to only use it on oily areas of their face.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: