Sunday, August 2, 2009

Philosophy The Sweet Shoppe

Philosophy has released a new limited edition set to Sephora that has my name written all over...The Sweet Shoppe. The products are based on candy and other yummy goodies that can be bought in candy stores. It should be noted that as I sit here and write this, I am eating my way through about a pound of cotton candy flavored salt water taffy. Maybe this product could help me out with that little problem...

This is what Sephora has to say about the trio, "Philosophy The Sweet Shoppe™ Set makes your bathing experience an escape to the candy store. These gentle, creamy, crave-worthy formulas provide rich, luscious lather to leave skin and hair ultraclean and silky-soft". This set contains a 6 oz size of these three fragrances; Bubble Gum Blow Out, Squishy Red Fishy, and Mouthwatering Watermelon. Each of the products is one of Philosophy's signature 3 in 1s.
While all three of the fragrances tempt me into purchasing them, Bubble Gum Blow Out is the one that I think that I want the most. Sephora also sells this product in the full size by itself and the scent is described as being a sweet and perfectly bubble-gummy scent. This is the only one that also comes in a full sized container. Squisky Red Fishy is a red Swedish Fish inspired fragrance (still one of my favorite candies), and the Watermelon scent is reminiscent of Watermelon Jolly Ranchers. Yumm...

Also with the release of these body products, Philosophy has released a lip gloss set that contains the Watermelon and Bubble Gum scents in sheer pink lip glosses. The Watermelon one looks to be more on the brighter pink side and the Bubble Gum looks to be a pale pink. These flavors remind me a bit of the Lip Smacker glosses that I used to use in high school but I don't really think that is totally a bad thing. Just Lip Smackers a bit more grown-up.

This is my kind of candy shoppe...However, everytime that I say the name of this product, I am reminded of the 50 Cent song by the same name (but not the same kind of candy shoppe!).

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: