Thursday, August 27, 2009

MAC Nail Trend F/W '09

MAC has teamed up with famed nail artist Jin Soon to create an completely nail polish based line for this fall. I have only purchased one MAC polish ever (Love & Friendship from A Rose Romance) and so I have had very little experience with this line. I liked the polish and the wear that I got from it but I just never really think to include MAC in the lines of polish that I buy frequently. And honestly, unless MAC has a nail polish right out in front of my face at the counter, I usually tend to get distracted by the million other items that they offer.

But let's see if this collection can change that. Here is the description of the collection from MAC, "More than a colour statement, an of-the-moment appraoch that dazzles with innovation and style. How to do it? Enter Jin Soon, much-sought-after nail guru who has worked the shows, collaborating with us to create six nail colours exclusively for MAC".
Here are the new shades...

Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high gloss formula. Three long wearing finishes - Cream, Sheer, and Frosted. Visibly different. Provides no-streak/no-chip finish. Contains conditioners and UV protection. Go hi-lacquer!
- Cool Reserve - dirty grey lavender (Cream)
- Beyond Jealous - blackened blue green (Cream)
- For Fun - rich clean purple (Cream)
- Dance All Night - brick red (Cream)
- Dry Martini - khaki olive green (Cream)
- Rich, Dark, Delicious - rich blackened brown (Cream)

Underlacquer - A revoluntionary colour-free high gloss base coat that helps bond MAC lacquer to the nail. Special protective formula works to guard against chipping and peeling while simultaneously protecting the nail. Loaded with conditioners to moisturize, strengthen, and rejuvenate the natural nail.

Overlacquer - A fast drying high gloss top coat that amplifies MAC Lacquer's high gloss finish while providing a protective coating against everyday wear and tear. Formulated with UV protection, helps reduce sun-related fading and discolouration. Colourless. Instantly guards your nail and manicure!

I would like to get both the Underlacquer and the Overlacquer, I know that I would get lots of use out of both products. From the nail polish shades, I like Cool Reserve, For Fun, and Dance All Night. Maybe I will be adding a couple more polishes to my collection now...

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: