Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bath and Body Works P.S. I Love You

Normally in the beginning of fall, I go to Bath and Body Works for one reason only and that is fall candles. Normally, their fall body product releases do nothing for me and I usually end up waiting until the holiday products come out in order to go and stock up on items. I'm a floral fragrance kind of girl and so fall spicy scents are just not my cup of tea. However, this year I thought that I was dreaming when I walked past Bath and Body Works right before Labor Day weekend. The store was decorated in all pink and flower decorations were all over the place. Pink? Flowers? Time to investigate...

The store was ready for the new release of their latest fragrance, called P.S. I Love You. I had heard about this fragrance a couple of months ago on the Bath and Body Board of Makeup Alley. However, a date on the release was never provided so with the name of the fragrance and listed notes, I jumped to the conclusion that this was a Valentine's Day or spring release because it was not in the same vein as their previous fall collections. However, I guess the company decided on a change and I am quite happy that they decided to take this road for fall.

This is the description of the fragrance from the company, "Master perfumers have created a modern blend of rose - the universal symbol of love - with sexy golden amber, addicitive White Riesling, and exotic incense". The top notes of the fragrance are - fresh citrus, lychee, peony, yellow rose, sparkling Riesling. The middle notes are - scarlet velvet rose, orchid, purple lilies, jasmine, hypnotic incense. The base notes are - creamy sandalwood, patchouli, golden amber, musk.

This release was quite exicting for me and I ended up purchasing both body products and the perfume. Yes, that is the most shocking part...I actualyl loved the fragrance so much that I bought the perfume. Normally, I only buy the ancillary products and never purchase the fragrance itself. But I couldn't pass up another chance to purchase a rose fragrance and I love the way that it smells, so I am quite happy that I decided to go this route. This fragrance is light enough that I can wear it without overwhelming a crowd in warmer weather but it works equally well in the cooler months.

Hopefully this will not be a limited edition fragrance from Bath and Body Works since I have found one that full bottle perfume worthy.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: