Friday, September 25, 2009

Prescriptives Fall 2009 Collection - Well Suited

I have never used any products from Prescriptives before but the line get such raves from my co-workers that I decided that a look at the Fall Colelction is in order to give myself a bit of an introduction to the line. I don't really know why I haven't ever used their products except that I tend to head right to MAC or Urban Decay normally and often just pass counters right by. That being said, I am going to expand my collection and try something else. So let's have a look at these new products.

Here is the overall description of the collection from Prescriptives, "Suit up in new menswear inspired shades with an edgy feminine influence. The fabric inspired collection features a range of sophisticated shades from tweedy browns to silky purples. The look is Well-Suited for Fall".

Here are the products...

Well-Suited Eye Color Compact Warm - Suit your mood and your attitude with five sophisticated shades tailored for your eyes. The limited-edition Well-Suited Eye Color Compact in a Warm palette features four eye shadows to color and contour, plus one shade to line and define your eyes. Mix and match to your liking for looks that are uniquely you.
- Silk/Bean/Olive/Moss/Espresso

Well-Suited Eye Color Compact Cool - Suit your mood and your attitude with five sophisticated shades tailored for your eyes. The limited-edition Well-Suited Eye Color Compact in a Cool palette features four eye shadows to color and contour, plus one shade to line and define your eyes. Mix and match to your liking for looks that are uniquely you.
- Shell/Velour/Pinstripe/Cassis/Blackberry

Well-Suited Eye Color Compact Neutral - Suit your mood and your attitude with five sophisticated shades tailored for your eyes. The limited-edition Well-Suited Eye Color Compact in a Neutral palette features four eye shadows to color and contour, plus one shade to line and define your eyes. Mix and match to your liking for looks that are uniquely you.
- Champagne/Clove/Sultry/Storm/Jet

Well-Suited Finishing Powder - The finishing touch for every well-dressed face. Limited-edition Well-Suited Finishing Powder is a translucent pressed powder with an ultra-silky texture that gives skin subtle luminosity while helping to set makeup.
- Translucent - for all skintones

Longwear Kohl Liner - Soft, creamy, color-rich Longwear Kohl Liner glides on, then sets to a long-wearing smudge-resistant finish. Automatic and waterproof, this eyeliner goes from the inner rim of your eyes to your outer lashline for a look that lasts all day!
- Black Kohl - pure black
- Blue Kohl - bright blue
- Brown Kohl - chocolate brown
- Slate Kohl - deep grey

Colorscope Lipcolor - Drench your lips in brillant color and leave them looking luscious all day. The moisture-rich formula of Colorscope Lipcolor delivers extraordinary shine and comfort for your lips you'll love at first sight. Lips are soft and moisturized, plus, you can customize your look with a cream, shimmer, or sparkle finish. Cream: Smooth and creamy with a moist, shiny finish. Shimmer: Subtle shimmer and hint of sheen create a luminous finish. Sparkle: Multi-dimensional color saturated with sparkle for lips that dazzle.
- Yellow/Orange - shades complement golden undertones
- Red/Orange - shades complement warm peach undertones
- Red - shades complement cool pink undertones
- Blue/Red - shades complement cool rose undertones

Lash Envy Volumizing Mascara - Diva-esque lashes of epic proportions, guarenteed to be the Envy of all. Lash Envy Volumizing Mascara turns your lashes into the voluptuous, luscious lashes you've always craved, with a truly amazing formula. Boosts volume by up to 200%, 12-hour wear, and the exclusive Volumatrix Polymer keeps lashes full and plumped all day.
- Black - black

Bronzer Brush - This advanced bronzer brush perfectly applies bronzer all over the face and body. Perfect to use with the Sunsheen Bronzing Trio.

Well, I don't know if I have any loves from this collection. I do have some likes and now have a reason to head over to the counter at my local Macy*s. I would like to get the Cool Toned Eye Palette and maybe the Neutral one also. Not one of the colors in these two palettes seem to be very unique and will be very dupable. So I would only purchase these products if I really liked the formula because I am sure that MAC offers some shades that are very close to all of these. I also wouldn't mind learning more about the lipstick and how they do the custom blending on their products. I might stop by this counter on my way to a MAC counter in the next few weeks.

photo courtesy of Prescriptives

2 comments:

bateslaw said...

Prescriptives Well-Suited eyeshadow is the absolute best! I have hazel eyes, and depending on the eyeshadow colors I use, my eyes range from looking brown, to greenish flecks, to even gold-tone. So I bought the Well-Suited for both brown and green eyes; they really do enhance your color (The partners at my firm always wonder if I'm wearing colored contacts). I've started trying the new CG Eyelights collection too, and it seems pretty good as well.

queenisabelle29 said...

Thank you for your input. These palettes are now heading to the top of my shopping list.